1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Not Registered on Network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by starmint, Mar 15, 2013.

1. starmint

starmint Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I just got a used Samsung Galaxy S Relay (Tmobile) phone used from someone. I'm trying to get it setup with Straight Talk. I got a SIM card from ST. Activated it. When I tried to make a call, I got the msg "Not Registered on Network." After several calls to ST, they decided it was a faulty SIM card so they sent me a new one. I activated that. Same problem.

ST told me to contact Samsung. Samsung told me the phone probably needed unlocked. I bought an unlock code. However, I cannot seem to enter it. I inserted an active AT&T SIM card but it didn't ask for the code. Instead it worked and I was able to make phone calls out, no problem.

However, the ST SIM still gives me a not registered on network error when I try to call. I have full service bars in my location as well. I've tried full factory reset several times and I have tried calling in several locations.

Please help. This is getting really frustrating.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. cjablonski

cjablonski Active Member

Oct 7, 2011
    A couple of thoughts based on my limited knowledge:

1) Go to settings -> More settings (under Wireless and network) -> Mobile networks -> Network operators and play around with some of these settings. Try restricting the phone only to T-Mobile or AT&T. Search for other network types. Stuff like that.

2) Does data work at all?

3) I don't believe you need to worry about the unlock code, as the phone shouldn't boot at all with that SIM if it needed unlocking. (Warning: I could be wrong about this.)

3. starmint

starmint Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I did adjust the APN settings if that's what you mean. I don't really know how to test the data. I have it connected to Wi-Fi. I thought that if the phone wasn't connecting for calls then it wouldn't connect for data either.
    I think you're right and it's already unlocked because I put my friend's ACTIVE AT&T SIM in it and it worked fine. I made phone calls using her number and everything.

4. Joe_PDA

Joe_PDA Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I think CJ was suggesting you change the network settings. The phone is probably defaulted to T-Mobile's network. With your ST sim card in, go in to network settings and search for the ST network. Then do a soft reset and you should be good to go.

5. starmint

starmint Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Ends up it was gray listed by Tmobile however it works fine on the AT&T network.

6. ikkudubai

ikkudubai New Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Please follow these simple steps to solve "number not registered on network issue" in SG note 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJdtpqa-1A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thank you

7. faridul

faridul New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    i flashed anroid 4.3 on my s3 i9300 and after this i was unable to connect to mobile network.

the imei is fine. i tried many different modems but i never can connect.

now i am back to stock rom but still same error.

i already did a full wipe and try to restore nandroid backup. nothing is working.

when i type *#0011# i get "IMEI CERTI: FAIL"

how can i get this certificate?