• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not rooted yet?

glitchsys

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Doesn't look like the Pantech Element has been rooted yet? I've been able to download the drivers and adb shell into the device. I tried 2 different versions of SuperOneClick with no success. I tried a few other methods, can't remember off the top of my head, and no success there either.

Until this device is rooted, maybe we can use this thread to keep track of what has been tried.

Doesn't look like the Pantech Element has been rooted yet? I've been able to download the drivers and adb shell into the device. I tried 2 different versions of SuperOneClick with no success. I tried a few other methods, can't remember off the top of my head, and no success there either.

Until this device is rooted, maybe we can use this thread to keep track of what has been tried.
Have you tried the Gingerbreak.apk yet? Make sure USB debugging is checked and you enable Unknown sources before you download the .apk. After installing, run app. If the exploit runs for more than 12 min without rebooting the device on it's own, you need to reboot the device and try again. If after 10 tries it doesn't root the device, it probably won't with any more attempts (I'm not saying it wouldn't). If it does root the device then you need to go to the market and download a Busybox installer, and install Busybox to one of the two possible locations. You will also need to update the Superuser app as well. Then you need to figure out how to get a custom recovery flashed and make a nandroid in case by accident you should delete something important to your system.

I don't know if you have already tried this, but there it is in case you haven't.

AndyOpie150

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones