• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not seeing mp3 for alarm clock

Sorry it's not working for you, but I am able to get mine to work by going to: App drawer > clock > select the alarm clock icon > select an alarm or click "add alarm" > select "Alarm sound" > and I have 3 options here, Alarm sounds, Ringtones, and Music (which shows me all of the audio files I have on my phone.

Upvote 0
Sorry it's not working for you, but I am able to get mine to work by going to: App drawer > clock > select the alarm clock icon > select an alarm or click "add alarm" > select "Alarm sound" > and I have 3 options here, Alarm sounds, Ringtones, and Music (which shows me all of the audio files I have on my phone.
Those options used to be there when I was still on Froyo. It's gone after the Gingerbread update. Now the only way for me to use mp3s as alarm is to set them as ringtone first. I wonder why it's gone because it's kinda inconvenient without those options. Of course we don't need to change the ringtone/alarm that often but it should have been easier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones