• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not so "Dead" pixels

dhinez

Oct 21, 2009
Sumter
I've noticed that when I do a soft reset (power cycle phone off and on) that the start up screen has what looks like dead pixels. When the phone actually boots up to the HTC screen with Android waving the "dead" pixels disappear. They only appear on start-up and go away at the HTC screen with Android. I noticed about 5 "dead" spots. Is this normal? Does anyone else notice this?

I noticed this last night laying in bed after restarting my phone. My fiance works for Sprint as a manager and I leaned over to her and said, hunny, I will be bringing this back tomorrow because it has dead pixels and I pointed them out to her. Ironically enough right after the restart, I browsed to these forum because I couldn't sleep and read this article. I decided to test it out and noticed that the dead pixels are gone once its in Android. Very interesting, I will not be visiting my fiances store for a new one today lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones