1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General NOt so great while it lasted...!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pakman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Pakman

Pakman New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I was waiting for this phone for weeks on my Upgrade with Orange and when it arrived and took it out of the box i thought 'Yeh Sweet!':), Turned it on and looked at the lovely screen and thought 'Supersweet' :D Got to grips with setting it up and went to bed..next day turned it on and thought ok lets download some Apps..went to Market and said i needed to signt with a google account..tried my account and got the message 'cannot establish a relaible connection to data server' tried multiple times and nothing!..set up another account..nothing!

Phoned orange who put me thru to Samsung...WHat a waste of time that was:thinking:. Then miracalously bang a connection and in i was with the Android Market. Found some Apps(free ones) and left them to download, came back 2 hrs later to phone and went into market and all of them stuck on 'Started download'... cancelled them all tried again doing them just one at a time..same thing:thinking:. Gave up went to bed.

Next day( today) Turned on the phone at work and now no server can be found via Wi-fi. Was working yesterday fine..now no Youtube, Market..zilch..mates Iphone4 works fine via Wi-fi at work to check.
    Last but not least everytime i ty going into mail it says 'error validating phone number'

So now my joy has turned to pure hate and i am proper gutted..I havent seen so many error messages with a product in all my life. I really want to like this phone and i was so up for it, i dont want an Iphone and have been bigging this phone up to my Iphone mates for ages and all i have is bugs to show for it.
    Any help here guys or it goes back today!( thats not a threat lol)

Advertisement

2. Darkplek

Darkplek Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Well... I had the "Starting Download" problem, because I set up my googlemail account in-phone attached to my google account which used a hotmail as the main email. Once i made a new gmail account from scratch, online, and used that instead (after a factory reset) I had no problems. But you did say you already set up another account, so I don't know :p. Have you tried factory resetting the phone? (I guess you must have if you tried a different account..)

Tbh if data wasn't working out the box that might just have been because it takes a while for Orange to activate things? At a guess.

Wifi i dont know, tried it on any other connections?

not so helpful after all perhaps xD

Pakman likes this.
  3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Yes... that is a lot of errors.

I agree with the comment about having a Gmail/Google account for pretty much everything helping. Probably not your problem though.

I would however say I've never had any of those problems at all so it's not an issue that should cause you to get a different phone.

Try a factory reset, if it doesn't work then I suggest a replacement from Orange. I hear they're quite good about that.

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Good advice, factory reset and then ask for replacement would have been my advice too. My first Galaxy S was a faulty unit too - its worth getting a replacement!