1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Not sure about T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Netconn, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    I got my new Nexus S last Thursday with the Tmo contract. I had enough if ATT.... It was working great at my home and everywhere else I took it. Then, since Saturday I haven't had service at my house. I've called them a few times and get the same answer.. "They are working on it".
    Now it's Tuesday and still no service. I'm getting a bit tired of calling Tmo to hear that they are working on it. If this is the service I am to expect I guess I'll have to take my great phone back to BB and find something else.

Advertisement

2. Sphagnum

Sphagnum Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    No idea where you live, but I've had great connections... and fast. I came from Sprint, my data speeds are phenomenal compared to Sprint and overall coverage is flawless (so far)

2FR35H likes this.
  3. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Last call they said there are 7 cell sites down in my area and " they are working on it ".. I'm in north Los Angeles county. They must not happy about the loss of service and lost revenue. I wonder when / if the service will be back.. haha

4. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    chicago
    totally depends where you live. i've had tmobile for 7-8 years. overall, it is good. in major cities it usually gets good reception. i live in chicago and it is very good around here. i have noticed it is about as good as sprint and not as good as verizon in more rural areas. i went on a fishing trip last fall with 8 guys. we were in upper wisconsin. i got a little better than my friends with sprint and a little worse than the guys with verizon.

5. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    OK.......... Hey TMO... It's been 6 days and the cells here are still down... I can't believe these cells have been down this long. They build them faster then 6 days..

6. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    9 days and counting. I'm getting a bit tired of calling them to "let them know" it still don't work..
    I'm starting to think I should put some thought to canceling the contract and listing the phone on fleebay.. Or do I have to take it back to BB...

7. MattBee

MattBee Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Cattle Ranch Manager
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Heck I would port back to AT&T, and just use it on the Edge network! Better than nothing........

8. Sphagnum

None

Dec 31, 2009
    You could keep it, they'd just send you the bill for the full price of the phone...

9. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    Thats how i have my Nexus S and being that im on WIFI 95% of the time im good!

10. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Actually I haven't ported the number over yet cuz I still have the ATT phone running. I figured I better not port the number until Tmo worked. But I put the ATT sim in the NS and it didn't work very well. I get good service here with Impression but poor service with the NS & the ATT sim. Maybe it needs some set up to change carriers.
    To bad, I really got the NS working great.. I'll have to read the BB sales agreement to see what they can do if I don't return it and cancel the Tmo contract.

11. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    if your NS was locked on tmobile you have to go into settings and make it register to the at&t network once you put in the at&T sim

12. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Ok, when I search networks I see ATT and T-Mobile. When I tell it to connect to ATT it says the phone has the wrong sim (it still has the tmo sim in it) and when I tell it to connect to T-Mobile is says it can't, there are no networks. That would be the cell that''s been down for 10 days. - All the free service I can't use - haha
    I'm going to switch the sim and connect to ATT's cell and see how it works.
    Tmo told me to manually connect to the ATT cell but ATT no longed leases the cells from Tmo ( I have a friend at ATT that told me this ), and that explains why ATT service has gotten much worse.

13. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert
    None

Sep 2, 2009
    Make sure T-Mobile gives you a huge account credit for all this trouble.

14. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    I put the ATT sim in, connected to the ATT network, and it works fine, to bad there's no 3G.. Hey, at least it I can use it at home..
    Tmo removed the activation fee and said they aren't charging me for the time the cell is down. Humm, 11 days now.. But I think I will ask for more then that if the cell ever comes back up.
    But then I still have the issues of my 30 day cancel time with Tmo and the BB return time. One guy says 30 days and one guy says 14 days. If I cancel Tmo I don't want to return the phone. And I'm not going to pay $600 to BB to keep it. What could they possibly do if I don't return it??

15. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    your probably gonna have to pay for the phone man

16. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    I suppose the phone police will be knocking on my door.

17. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert
    None

Sep 2, 2009
    I believe that if you cancel your plan without returning the device, you're charged the ETF, or possibly even the remaining cost of the device. Now considering you didn't actually buy the phone through T-Mobile, I'm not really sure how they'll handle that.

Regardless, given your situation, they'll probably give you some additional consideration should you try to return it after the 14 day period. Supposedly, T-Mobile is honoring Best Buy's 30 days anyway.

18. Netconn

Netconn Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Well, that's the big question... I won't have an ETF cuz it hasn't been 30 days for one and it hasn't worked anyway since I've had it, Tmo said they don't charge when the cells are down.. But since I got the phone from BB and not Tmo what could they really do? The contract has nothing to do with BB, and the phone has nothing to do with Tmo.
    I'm not looking to get the phone for half price and use it on ATT, I don't really like the service anymore with them. But Tmo don't work and I like this phone. I don't think BB can send me a bill for the difference and Tmo certainly won't either...
    Guess I'll see what happens.

19. Sphagnum

None

Dec 31, 2009
    You're pretty naive if you don't think you'll get a bill from T-mo or BB for several hundred dollars if you don't return the phone...

The 30-day trial is conditional upon return on the phone in good condition. If you don't return it, you will be billed for it at full price and you will be expected to pay for it. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise.

Tags: