• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not sure whats wrong with my Galaxy S2?...

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and for some reason, the battery is draining fast at times and I have no clue why. Could it be a software issue? Lockscreen Issue? Whenever I have my phone hooked up and charging, sometimes it profusely keeps charging then stops charging and vibrating thousands of times. I'm thinking about doing a factory reset, any app that can backup all of my data to an SD card?

Pull out the battery and look for a small white sticker around the edge of the battery. If you find one that has red dots or is a pink/red color, your phone was wet at one point and you will need a new battery. The phone itself has a similar sticker located under the back cover. If the battery sticker has changed but not the phone then a new battery will resolve the problem, if the phones sticker has changed then the phone is the problem. If they are both white try the steps below.
Fully charge your phone and unplug it for an hour without making any changes. Take note on how much battery has been drained after the hour.
Charge the phone again but disconnect you wifi and 3g/4g signal while it charges.(airplane mode)
Repeat the test of checking the battery drain.
If you get a different results from the test the you will need to root your device and make a few changes to you signal scan intervals.

Upvote 0
The S2 is a reasonably powered phone. It can run a lot of apps consecutively. Battery drains are caused by software issues of the phone getting wet. If your phone has an update available apply it and it would resolve the glitch since they have S3 & S4 already. A glitch would have been resolved. If no updates for the phone is available then there may be an app or two draining the battery. Try using power guard from the app store. It can adjust your phone to conserve battery by A.I. or on demand. This is similar to making tweaks to signal scan intervals. From past experiences with repair a variety of phones the methods I explained always worked. PM me if you want more exact details.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones