1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NOT WATERPROOF

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sean Thornton McCarthy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Sean Thornton McCarthy

I put the S7 edge in a bowl of 8 inch water for twenty five seconds and the speaker is all messed up. The music sounds like it is playing from a drive through speaker at a fast food joint.

In the commercial Lil Wayne dunked his in a fish bowl and poured champagne all over it.

Going back to best buy tomorrow morning because I would assume this is covered under warrenty.

2. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

Shake it around and make sure all the water is out and it should be fine. People have said things like this and they cleared up once its FULLY dried out.

Same with trying to charge it after getting it wet. It will not charge at all until its dry.

scary alien likes this.
  3. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Kinda stupid to do something like that on purpose ;)
    If you do take it back, do NOT tell them you did that on purpose...

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Well in the UK, adverts must be "legal, honest and truthful" according to the ASA(Advertising Standards Authority). Don't know where you are, but if you go deliberately dunking your phone in a fish bowl or something, good luck!! and don't expect the manufacturer to go honouring the warranty. Have a look at the moisture indicator pads on it, if they're pink or red, the warranty is void.

scary alien likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

When Sony first introduced IP-rated phones I recall that the sound would be affected for a while after immersion, and this was expected. So give it a little time and see.

excav8ter, scary alien and KOLIO like this.
  6. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

7. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

Ever heard of a "dumbass"?
    Just because it says it is "water-resistant" doesn't mean you should get drunk and throw it in a bowl of water.

jack58 likes this.
  8. Proof right there... Don't ever do ANYTHING that ol' Weezy does :D

9. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

The speaker is probably not, "messed up", but the mesh covering it will need to dry out first. See approx: 1' 45" into this video...

Do you remember when you were a kid and was told not to stock your tongue on a 9 volt battery... you just had to. :eek:

[​IMG]

scary alien and KOLIO like this.
  10. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Yeah, I remember as a kid my Dad said, here hold this spark plug which was live... never forgot that one!

Snakeyeskm and ironass like this.
  11. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie

If you haven't already, use compressed air on all your phone's orfices. Might be too late.

Also, water resistant =/= water proof

12. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I think it will be working fine buy the time you get to Best Buy.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews