• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not working properly after 2.1 update

ZingXao

Mar 11, 2011
Hey there. My dad has the GT540, and today he decided to take the plunge and update it from 1.6 to 2.1.

It seemed to work, but he's now having problems. His internet icon on the pull down bar has disappeared completely, and he's unable to receive calls, however, he is able to make them.

What's the problem? Is it fixable?

I had problems first time I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1. First 3 trys of reflashing were a fail.
First one bricked my phone, 2nd and 3rd installed 2.1 but as soon as my phone boots, it starts force closing everything. (Using official LG updater)

I managed to fix it by reflashing with KDZ updater. Everything is fixable. Try reflashing once again. My theory is that if my widgets and apps started force closing, some files just didn't get from the PC to my phone. That might be the case of your receiving call "bug".

I'm on 2.2(100000 times better than 2.1) now and as soon as i get the time to restore the boot LG logo, i'll go on 2.3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones