1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not Writing to Micro SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darkflame1, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Member

I cannot get my phone to write to my microSD card except when I reboot the phone. But, I never really do that. However, when I do, O can set the camera to save pics to the card. But, after some unknown amount of device use, it reverts to the device storage instead of the microSD card.
    I have to admit that I am using the same 16 gb microSD card I have had since I got my Galaxy S4. Still, the microSD  is not write protected, or even halfway full. And, I can write to it when I have it connected to my Win10 PC. I HATE the thought of buying a new card only to have the same issue.
    So, I am baffled. Any thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Member

I can still play music from the card and view pics on the card and write to it from my PC (when connected). And I can see files on it in my File Manager HD app, even copy files from it. But I cannot write to it from any phone app.
    I will clean the contacts this evening and report back. Thanks for the thoughts.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews