• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not your average Battery Problem

Chuntsman949

Nov 23, 2009
Hello!!

I have had my evo since june, got froyo and did all the fixes the battery has been awesome, all of the sudden yesterday and today the battery has been terrible, when I check my status the android OS is eating 40% of the battery with 3.2mbs of data received... is this nornmal? any ideas abotu what t his could be?

42 percent... wtf zero txts zero calls, zero internet.. why would this just happen overnight? I have had no problems until today

This is what my phone started doing the other day. I had to hard reset and that fixed the problem. Might be your only option. Before you do, download app brain to save all your apps so you dont have to search one by one for them. Report back after that. But lets hope when you do it, it fixes your problem and not create a new problem like mine (4G not working anymore). They are sending me a new phone btw.

Upvote 0
I am having this same problem - if anyone can figure out something other than a hard reset that would be awesome. I'm running froyo, and was having awesome battery life before the other night: 24hr+ with pretty standard usage, internet, text, games, etc all day.

The battery drain is coming from mainly from android system. I also think that the cell standby battery usage is a little more - but that could be my imagination.

It started happening after I got updates for the following things: Launcherpro, adobe flash, switchpro widget, folderorganizer, desktop visualizer, trivial droid, barcode scanner, and gmail.

I messed around with the new launcherpro option to change the number of columns/rows on the homescreen, then reset it to 4x4, not sure if this could be the problem.

The phone will drain battery very slowly at sometimes, then occasionally lose 25-30% in 10-20 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
I am right with ya. This just started lately for me too and I am considering a hard reset. I have killed every app, I have everything turned off except mobile data. No syc, no gps, ect ect. I can literally watch my battery tick down.

Just today I looked at my phone and it was almost dead by lunch. The usb charging barely does anything. I am talking ~1% charge every 10 minutes while I'm not using it. I turned it off and charged it up a bit. So I leave to go get food at lunch and take my phone at 46% charged. I get back not 20 min later and it's warning me that I'm under 15%. Every app is killed and everthing else is off. I only used it for a couple minutes while waiting in the subway line.

I am going to check my PRL and then do a hard reset if nothing else works.

Upvote 0
I am right with ya. This just started lately for me too and I am considering a hard reset. I have killed every app, I have everything turned off except mobile data. No syc, no gps, ect ect. I can literally watch my battery tick down.

Just today I looked at my phone and it was almost dead by lunch. The usb charging barely does anything. I am talking ~1% charge every 10 minutes while I'm not using it. I turned it off and charged it up a bit. So I leave to go get food at lunch and take my phone at 46% charged. I get back not 20 min later and it's warning me that I'm under 15%. Every app is killed and everthing else is off. I only used it for a couple minutes while waiting in the subway line.

I am going to check my PRL and then do a hard reset if nothing else works.

This is a carbon copy of what was happening to me... the PRL made the difference oddly enough

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones