• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

slatyford

Jan 13, 2010
I've had my note 10.1 for a few months now and all I can say is it's a complete crock of ****
The wifi is shocking, download speed is at best 6x slower than my S3 and Note3 and keeps dropping out.
It is the most lag affected mobile device I have ever known and crashes more often than not.
Some apps that work on s3 and note 3 are non compatable on this thing.
I've had enough now and though I'm no lover of apple I can feel an ipad coming my way sooner rather than later unless someone or something convinces me otherwise

I've had my note 10.1 for a few months now and all I can say is it's a complete crock of ****
The wifi is shocking, download speed is at best 6x slower than my S3 and Note3 and keeps dropping out.
It is the most lag affected mobile device I have ever known and crashes more often than not.
I've had enough now and though I'm no lover of apple I can feel an ipad coming my way sooner rather than later unless someone or something convinces me otherwise

I have the Note 10.1(2012 model) and also the S3. I do not have any of the issues that you are having with internet speeds. If anything I would say the Note 10.1 has a slight edge over my S3 with wifi as far as speed and reliable connection.

I have very little lag, far, far, less than my S3 has. I am running a 3rd party launcher on both my tablet and phone(next launcher) and have always had some other launcher to replace Touchwiz.

As far as some of your apps not compatible with the 10.1 it is the particular app developers fault. They did not make the app with the capability to run on tablets and on phones. So apps without this function will not run on any tablet. You can try to contact the developer to try to add tablet support, but I'm sure you know how that goes.

Also, Google Play store automatically categorizes your device into a phone or tablet category, so some apps show as incompatible, but this is not always true. You can get around this by trying to side load the app onto the tablet and it may work fine.

Upvote 0
I regards to Wi-Fi, did you try to reboot the router? That might fix the issue you are having. I know I had to reboot the router when I recently updated my Note 2. The Note 2 had unstable connection and constantly dropped. Rebooting the router fixed this.

I do have the occasional lag but it's more because I am running out of device storage. Only down to a few hundred MBs. Will be cleaning house on the weekend to free up space. Might hard reset to start fresh again and get rid of residual stuff.

Upvote 0

Dude you obviously have a defective unit or something. I have been using mine for almost a year and it it working very well.

Reactions: ilovethebeach
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones