1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 2 10.1 Transfering, Editing and then finding files.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by audiodudDevon, Aug 10, 2013.

1. audiodudDevon

audiodudDevon Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    Male
    Devon, UK
    My wife and I have just bought a Note 2 10.1 in order that she can still help run our small business while she is away from home.

We have templates for invoices and order forms that were created in Word 2007 and I managed to copy these onto the Note via our network using ES File Explorer which could see the files on my wife's laptop.

I could open the files in Polaris Office, but there were some formatting differences apparent. Is there a more compatible "Office" suite for Android, or is Polaris as good as they get?

Using Polaris we changed a few things in one of the documents and then saved the changed document. We then needed to be able to email this document, so we opened up the GMail app, composed an email, but when it came to adding the document as an attachment, we have no idea where it is. We cannot even find it using ES File explorer.

Is there any rule of thumb guide as to where Android and installed apps save their data as the file structure looks pretty messy and confusing, certainly not like Windows libraries. I'm sure this is a lack of familiarity on our part and people must interchange Microsoft files with Android devices all the time, but at the moment we are a bit stuck.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    Maybe try Text_Maker (it's one word; apparently site thinks its a foul word) (trial) on Google Play store. I would post the link, but for some reason, it's being 'censored' with the stars.

It's a bit pricey though compared to others in the market. But seems to keep most (if not all) formatting intact compared to others.

There is a 'save as' option when you press the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner. That will bring up a browser where you can navigate where you want the file saved and retrieved. Remember the location you saved it in so you can find it later.

3. audiodudDevon

audiodudDevon Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    Male
    Devon, UK
    Many thanks NeoGrandizer. I'll give the trial version of Text_Maker a go and see if can also handle a picture that is in our documents.

I think, regarding the file locations, familiarising ourselves with the Android file "tree", is the only way we are going to find and retrieve things easily.

Regards