• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

note 2 and allshare cast

mafac

Dec 18, 2010
Use my Note 2 to watch Netflix on TV via Allshare Cast. Question is - can this be set to download the movies via my phone service (unlimited, 20mb) rather than my house Wifi which is dsl at 2.5? I thought it was, but data doesn't look like it's increasing fast enough, and there have been stops.

Yes, Allshare Cast will work just fine using your cell phone data as opposed to your home internet. I don't have internet at home & I stream Netflix to my tv daily using Allshare Cast....or whatever that little box is called. How smoothly it streams is going to depend on your data connection. I'm with Sprint & a couple of months ago my 4G signal went kaput for a month. I had to switch my phone to 3G only to keep Netflix from freezing up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones