1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 2 Battery acting up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RockThis52, Jun 27, 2013.

1. RockThis52

RockThis52 Lurker

I've had the phone for about 4 months now so the battery shouldn't be acting up just yet. Yesterday I knew I was going to be using it heavily so I Put power saving mode on right off the charge. When I mean I used it heavily I mean it. Email, browser, messaging, phone, camera, maps, games non stop. It lasted me 12 hours. I'm not sure if that's normal considering I used it so heavily. I've had it last me over 24 hours before without power saving mode on but not heavily used. Anyway it died on me completely on my way home. And then as I was charging it, it took a long time to recharge. Usually it takes 3 hours or so. But it took around 8. Was it because it completely died? Thanks for the help in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

Try charging on airplane mode, if it charges the usual 3 hours there's probably a power hungry app that's causing this. Another possible cause it's that you're in a place where there is no data signal, when I'm at work I usual turn off my data as there is no signal inside the laboratory, if my data is turned on, my phone will continue to search for a signal, you can actually feel the phone heat up in your pocket, and drain your battery in 4 hours.

Sent using the force

3. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Exactly this ^ ^.
    I find when I'm struggling for a phone signal my battery will drain quicker, same goes for Data, its gonna be searching all the time if you're in a bad area.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews