• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 Color Options Discussion

What color would you get, or have?

• Marble White

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Titanium Grey

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Both colors

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Color wasn't a big factor for me. l actually liked both. What ended up becoming more important was distinguishing between my daily phone and the international phone/media player. Had I not gotten the international version also, l would've been fine keeping the white version as my dedicated phone. It all comes down to each individuals needs.

Upvote 0
DrEx since you've spent quite a bit of money on phones and accessories I'm making my Christmas list, checking it twice and giving it to you to fulfill. :D

Hahahaha...I wish I could. If I had the money, I'd buy all the Note II bros. and sis. a lil' somethin' for Christmas. Too bad I'm not Daddy Warbucks (or however it's spelled)...LOL.

Best I can do is just keep everyone posted on deals that are close to "must have" accessories, at decent or heavily discounted prices. For those, I'm always keeping a close eye out.

Upvote 0
that is a good point...
color and in the sun ... on the dash.

the thing does get hot! when it is being used.. as a GPS or whatever..
charging...
in the sun...
dark color... absorbs more light.. making more heat...

but your point is good too.. white does get bright on the dash

hhhhmmm... which color??? :thinking:

Ya, my Droid X can get hot in the window for sure.
However, I drive a VW Jetta!!!
What does that mean? My Jetta has a vent that pumps air or a/c straight to the center of the window. It is called indirect heating and cooling. I can just crack the vent and I can freeze my phone on the hottest of days. Love my Jetta.
Here is a guy taking his apart for some reason:
HuRem3.jpg

Upvote 0
Ya, my Droid X can get hot in the window for sure.
However, I drive a VW Jetta!!!
What does that mean? My Jetta has a vent that pumps air or a/c straight to the center of the window. It is called indirect heating and cooling. I can just crack the vent and I can freeze my phone on the hottest of days. Love my Jetta.
Here is a guy taking his apart for some reason:
HuRem3.jpg

Wish benz had something like this. I purposely got a ProClip mount to place the phone in front of the vent (rather than on the dash) because it was getting too hot when using the dash mount. In the long run, the ProClip mount was worth it, but still would've been nice to have something that could cool the phone on the dash. Oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones