• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help note 2 computer problem

note 2 wont connect to the computer. It is coming up that the ethernet controller driver and the sm bus controller driver are not installing properly. Also the mkp usb device driver. I am trying to get my note 2 to sync with kies air, because I want a backup of all my photos, music, and ways to access them. I am a former iOS user gone android, so its a feature I am missing. thanks everyone!

note 2 wont connect to the computer. It is coming up that the ethernet controller driver and the sm bus controller driver are not installing properly. Also the mkp usb device driver. I am trying to get my note 2 to sync with kies air, because I want a backup of all my photos, music, and ways to access them. I am a former iOS user gone android, so its a feature I am missing. thanks everyone!

Welcome to Android forums!

First off Have you installed Kies on your PC? The reason your computer isn't recognising/connecting is because you don't have the required drivers for your device to be recognised by your PC.

Here are the required drivers:

stockroms.net/file/Drivers/Samsung/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe (courtesy of Galaxys3root.com)

-Matt

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android forums!

First off Have you installed Kies on your PC? The reason your computer isn't recognising/connecting is because you don't have the required drivers for your device to be recognised by your PC.

Here are the required drivers:

stockroms.net/file/Drivers/Samsung/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe (courtesy of Galaxys3root.com)

-Matt

Thanks for responding, and yes I have installed those drivers and the kies software on my pc.I have tried reinstalling and rebooting each device several times. samsung tech support just continues to tell me to try this then call back.

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding, and yes I have installed those drivers and the kies software on my pc.I have tried reinstalling and rebooting each device several times. samsung tech support just continues to tell me to try this then call back.

The problem lies with your PC... SM Bus - System Management Bus. This is part of the chipset, and, as such, controller and driver issues for it are resolved by installing (or updating) your motherboard chipset drivers. What make and model is your PC? So I can help you find the required drivers. Also try a windows update. And go to your PC's manufacturers website and look for the ethernet and the Smbus drivers there.

Upvote 0
The problem lies with your PC... SM Bus - System Management Bus. This is part of the chipset, and, as such, controller and driver issues for it are resolved by installing (or updating) your motherboard chipset drivers. What make and model is your PC? So I can help you find the required drivers. Also try a windows update. And go to your PC's manufacturers website and look for the ethernet and the Smbus drivers there.

I built my pc. I have a Gigabyte ultra durable series motherboard if that answers your question. I am unsure how to find more information, if you can tell me I will be happy to get if for you. thanks again for your help

Upvote 0
I built my pc. I have a Gigabyte ultra durable series motherboard if that answers your question. I am unsure how to find more information, if you can tell me I will be happy to get if for you. thanks again for your help

Your going to have to be more specific about the model of your motherboard because there are ALOT of different models of it. Go to gigabytes website here: www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx and find the your motherboard and then find the 'SmBus' & 'ethernet' drivers for your motherboard and download them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones