• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 Questions

DMS1

Apr 3, 2011
So I have had the Note 2 for about two weeks now and have three questions:

1> What music player on the device will only use\ recognize the music I have copied to the SD card and not want to download music from the play website? Is there one? Is there a better player to download?

2> Is there a way to make an 'Icon" that will open a blank S Note page? It seems the widgets only pop up the pages that already have writing on them.

3> I have an AT&T branded Note 2, Is there a way to remove the AT&T Bookmarks? I keep getting "This bookmark cannot be deleted".

Thanks for helping an old guy out.

So I have had the Note 2 for about two weeks now and have three questions:

1> What music player on the device will only use\ recognize the music I have copied to the SD card and not want to download music from the play website? Is there one? Is there a better player to download?

2> Is there a way to make an 'Icon" that will open a blank S Note page? It seems the widgets only pop up the pages that already have writing on them.

3> I have an AT&T branded Note 2, Is there a way to remove the AT&T Bookmarks? I keep getting "This bookmark cannot be deleted".

Thanks for helping an old guy out.
Hi there.
Your 2nd question I cant answer.
Your 3rd, I don't know enough about the AT&T Note to offer anything there either.

I can answer the first question for you- any music player should scan your device to find your music. If it doesn't scan you may have to check your settings.
My music player was constantly sending me to the play store as well. I had to use a file explorer, navigate to where the music was on the card and click one from there. Afterwards I didn't have the problem again.

Other music players I've used didn't have any issues finding my music on the card once it scanned for it.

Upvote 0
I found the "Music Player" that has the round icon with a music note does what I want.

I also got the update today, and there is a better S Note widget that will work for what I want to do and only takes 1X4 space.

Now if I can only get rid of the bloat ware - I really don't want to root, but might with this phone.

Are there any other cool features that were added with today update besides multi view?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones