1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 2 Slowdown after 4.3 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sdrum49, Jan 8, 2014.

1. sdrum49

sdrum49 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    Last week I installed the large update from ATT that includes the Android 4.3 system . The phone is now noticeably slower to respond to just about every command. Apps used to respond instantly to commands. Now they hesitate for a second or two. What do you do about this?

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    You can do a few things. 1) clear cache in all applications then reboot. Or 2) clear cache & data in all applications then reboot. Set up applications again (sign-ins, log-ins). This will wipe any game data, application data so you may have to be very careful with each application. Or 3) Do a factory reset. Factory reset will be the most time consuming so if you go this route, give yourself a good hour to set your phone back up.

saltz likes this.
  3. sdrum49

sdrum49 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    But what is it about the update that caused this? This happened very suddenly.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    The easiest way to explain or why I suggested the things I did is since I'm rooted, before trying or flashing a new Rom I always start with a clean base. That way problems won't arise with the new rom.

I would always suggest wiping your phone (factory reset) before or after flashing a new os update.

Some updates can be incremental updates meaning they're bug fixes and these incremental updates wouldn't require a complete wipe but only wiping application cache and/or application data would probably suffice.

Since you've received an os update, going from 4.1 to 4.3, I would recommend a factory reset.

Again, results may vary for different people since not every phone or a phone's setup is the same.