1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 2 software update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shakila, Dec 29, 2013.

1. shakila

shakila Lurker

Hi, I'm new here. Basically I just updated note 2 software and still trying to work it out but I'm getting annoyed with the photos, you can see the date at the bottom left. Anyone know how to turn that off?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the note 2 forum for better eyes.

i do not have your phone, but this happens when you take pictures? and only th elatest update was this happening?

3. shakila

shakila Lurker

Thank you.

No it's on all my photos, even the downloaded and whatsapp photos but yes it happened after the latest update.

4. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast

Have noticed this on my partners Galaxy S3 after she did the 4.3 update when you take a photo it places this date stamp as you say down the left side of photo.

Have just asked her if this stamp remains visible at all times when you go into the gallery to view photos and yes momentarily it does but disappears but this is on the S3..........so does it not disappear after a second or so

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. shakila

shakila Lurker

On the downloaded photos it disappears but it stays on the camera pictures.

6. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast

Nope!! we have just looked S3 and the date comes up for a just a few seconds only then dissapears it does not embed this date on the photo....wonder if this is another fault then on the Note 2 if it remains in view

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

Go into Gallery, settings and turn off "Tag Buddy", that should kill it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

This doesn't work unfortunately (well, didn't for me anyway).

Like someone else mentioned, on my Note II the date does go away after a few seconds. Annoying, but I can live with it.

9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Is there a setting to turn off the time stamp

10. shakila

shakila Lurker

Tag buddy is off. I don't think it's possible to get rid of the time stamp.

11. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

There's no way to remove the temporary time stamp that displays in the gallery. One of the many annoyances a user needs to live with on the new update.

12. shakila

shakila Lurker

Don't think we can get rid of it until they update the software and give an option to turn it off. Well for now I'm getting used to it so it's ok.

13. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

With the Note 3 you can remove it with 'tag buddy' in options, that's why I thought it would work on the Note 2, obviously its not an Android firmware issue.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews