• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 spreadsheet and keyboard.

The note is a great working tool and the stylus is the best. I use the phone for spreadsheets, however the Samsung on screen Keyboard takes up half the screen. Smart Keyboard Pro is a good alternative as you can shrink the size down giving more spread sheet view.

Is there anything better?
Is there a quick way to toggle between the Smart and Samsung keyboards ? I prefer the Samsung KB on some apps.

Another option is to use the hand writing mode (great as I don't need to press 3 buttons for an = sign) but the hand writing area is huge. I would like it to be 1/2 it's size.

Thanks Wallace

When you pull down the drop down menu there is a keyboard icon and will say "Choose input method" where you can change keyboards.

Where is the dropdown ?

If you are talking about the main page dropdown with GPS WIFi Mobile data Sound etc, I can change the settings there but that is about 10 keystrokes and gestures to do what I want.

I'm looking for a 2 stroke/tap change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-06-14-15-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-14-15-39.png
    54 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_2013-08-06-14-23-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-14-23-46.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
Coming from iPhone 4 spreadsheets (Numbers and Calc Lite), I kinda like Note 2's overall functionality on spreadsheets (Polaris). I like the stylus (S Pen) and it brings me back to my Palm PDA days. I use the stylus a lot than the finger keyboard. I'm a number cruncher and Note 2 stylus functionality enhances my productivity. And on account of this, I purchased spare S Pens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones