1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 2 won't connect to email

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ancestor2, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Ancestor2

Ancestor2 Lurker

When I try to send an email I get the message "Failed to sign in to..." my email address. This is new and seems to need an authorisation. How to re-set to make contact?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what email client are you using? maybe wipe data and cache and sign back in and try again.

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  3. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

Can you receive any email from this email acccount and client app? If yes, maybe you should enable some email account option like 'send emails with any SMTP client'.

MrJavi, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it Exchange email, some other corporate or enterprise account? If so, maybe you need to get your device authorised by the admin?

MrJavi likes this.
  5. Ancestor2

Ancestor2 Lurker

Just using the Email account provided on the Note. Not using GMail the other service provided. Cleared cache and data and now simply get "Sending failed". However strangely by using Messaging I was able to send to my email account on the computer because my ISP handles it as an SMS message and delivers it as an email.
    I have never sent an email to my phone or received one. I only need to move photos from the phone to my computer.

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

The stock email app imo, is rubbish.
    Use anything other and you should be set

MrJavi likes this.

Email

Email Forum

com.vivo.email

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs