1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 20 Ultra screen protector or not?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by woowoowooty, Apr 23, 2021.

1. woowoowooty

woowoowooty Lurker

I just purchased a Note 20 Ultra. I bought a tempered glass screen protector but the fingerprint scanner does not work with it. Someone from the AT&T store told me I don't need a screen protector because of the gorilla glass victus. When I Google this I am told I absolutely DO need a screen protector. What does everyone think about this. If I do need a screen protector, which one will actually work with the fingerprint scanner?
    HELP!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

That's why I really don't like fingerprint scanners in the screen.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i have a zagg shield on my note 10+ 5G that works great with my fingerprint reader.

as far as....to screen protect or not to screen protect.....that is really up to you. yes gorilla glass is tough and may only protect against minor scratches, but i doubt it will protect it from a fall say from your hip or pant pocket.

for me i'm very clumsy and have dropped my phone many times.....which is why i always get a rugged case and protect it with a zagg shield. i like zagg because they will give you a one time replacement shield for free. and if you take the phone to a zagg booth at my local mall, for $7 i can have them put the shield on.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I never liked the tempered glass protectors. I have used the Armorsuit Military Shield on my devices (phones and watches) for YEARS and love it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Get one. Don't install it yourself.

ocnbrze likes this.