1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 3 a d my Sim Card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ccstriker3, Feb 4, 2014.

1. ccstriker3

ccstriker3 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    Male
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Hi everybody. So I ended up breaking my Note 3, and getting a new refurbished one from best buy using their insurance. So basically if you don't know how it works, best buy only gives you the refurbed phone (No new s pen, battery) So i had to use everything from my last phone, including my old sim. The sim card was giving the guy trouble, and he ended up having to pry it out in the back room. So I get my phone set up and activated through sprint (unfortunately), and it takes a little more effort than what it seems like it should. But everything was good for a little while until I got home. It seems that there is something wrong with the sim card or something, because after 5 minutes that the phone is started up, the self service setting pops up and says "because of the type of account you have, we'll need to help you with this task" (picture 1). I can exit and nothing happens. Then maybe 10 minutes later, I get a popup that says "sim card has been removed" or something stupid like that (picture 2). I called Sprint and some guy said go get a new sim. I still have all my services (texting, calling, data) when this happens, it is just the stupid notification wont go away saying sim card removed. Is this all from my phone or my sim card?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Easiest way to find out - go to a Sprint store and have them replace the SIM card. If the phone is defective, bring it back to Best Buy and ask them to try again.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.