1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Note 3 After Replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hoppysport, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Hoppysport

Hoppysport Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2014
    Have had the Note 3 for over a year. After a thoughtful email to T-Mobile, I was offered a free Note 4. Not bad. All that I had to do was order it and the amount would be credited back to my account. I did and they didn't.

I sent the phone back and continued to use my Note 3. In my time with the Note 4 I enjoyed it, but honestly, like the Note 3 better.

Then my phone stopped charging. T-Mobile replaced it under warranty. I was shocked when I received my replacement phone. The screen on the replacement was so much brighter. My old Note 3's screen had significantly dulled, and whites were a creamy yellow. After researching I found that this is an Amoled trait.

The replacement phone is so much snappier. I guess that's what happens after a year of extensive use. The speed of my new Note 3 truly feels as quick and snappy as the Note 4 that I had for 2 weeks.

If money us a consideration, I would never upgrade from the Note 3 to the Note 4. Sure, OIS and the camera are better and the screen is 4k, but for me, that's not a deal killer. As for the metal sides, they are nice, but my phone always resides in a case anyway. The only possible reason is if Band 12 is in your kill zone.

Also, the calligraphy on the S-Pen is pretty cool. But not $450 cooler, given what I could sell my Note 3 for, and the cost of a Note 4 including tax.

4.4.4 took away some features that I use often... the most important being the editing after a screen shot. You can still do it, but it requires additional steps.

If your Note 4 is still under warranty, I suggest getting a replacement. It's like another phone... At least mine was.

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.