1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Note 3 Alternatives

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nawaznrahman, Jan 26, 2014.

1. nawaznrahman

nawaznrahman Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    I was looking into the market for a new phone. I'm using a nexus 4 for a while now. I love stock android its probably the best in my opinion, I hated all other ROMs for a while now but recently I've been more open minded and I tried out my brothers note 3 which he returned. I honestly loved it, specially the amazing battery life and special features like the screen write and all. I was looking into the Xperia Z1S but I wanted to know if any other phone in the market has the screen write, scrapbooker and multiwindown options like the note 3 (I know the S4 doesn't). If not I think I already have my answer. I don't mind screen sizes as long as it's 5-6 inches but with similar features like that.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    That's about it now. Most of those features will probably come out in other phones as soon as Samsung can't sue them for it.

(There are Chinese clones of the Note 3, but most of them are about as close to a Note 3 as a picture of a strawberry shortcake is to a piece of strawberry shortcake.)

nawaznrahman likes this.
  3. nawaznrahman

nawaznrahman Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    okay cool, thanks for the reply. just need your opinion on one last thing. should i get the note 3 or wait to see what htc samsung bring out in the next 2 months or just wait it out till the note 4 which is really long.

4. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    The Galaxy S5 will probably be released around March/April which will probably be close to the Note 3(slightly better spec usually) but again will not have the Note's unique SPen features. Who knows what the Note 4 will launch with, I can only see it being a bigger phone because all the other top end smart phones are nearly as big these days.
    The Note series usually gets its showing in early September and then released around the end of September/October.

nawaznrahman likes this.
  5. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Working and having fun
    Paradise
    An updated Note 8 phone would be ideal, increase the battery life accordingly.

6. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    I'd advise you to get the note 3:)

7. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member
    None

My two top pics right now are the Nexus 5 and Note 3

8. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    One of the rumors about the S5 is that it will have passive stylus support. If true that would mean you could use any stylus to write on the S5 but you won't have the cool button actions that the S-pen has.

9. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    And the Nexi don't have removable batteries. That's why I have a Note 3 not a Nexus or LG. The other features are nice (okay, a lot better than nice), but I'm not spending $50 and 10 minutes of my time replacing a $20 battery I can replace in under a minute.

Oh, and how do you turn off a bricked LG? Pull out the um ... what?

Nah, Samsung locks their phones up tighter than I like. Locked in battery and no external SD card? Remind anyone else of a rainbow-colored circular piece of fruit? "We know what's best for you!" No you don't. Some of us still know why "/" is pronounced "root".

10. flailer

flailer Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Capt Amazing
    Champion City
    AGREED!!!!
    are you listening Samsung?
    PLEASE release 8.4 Note Pro, with **cellular voice*** & data, in USA!!!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.