• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

note 3 battery help

levicius

Dec 3, 2013
Guys I bought a Note 3 15 days ago and I am not liking how the battery is being so far. I had a note 2 and the battery was amazing. I already turned off gps,sync, data and everything that eats the battery up. I charged the phone 10 hours ago and has been using it sometimes to check news and beeing on whatsapp sometimes and I have 10% now . At first I thought the phone was fake,but after downloading cpu-z I saw that everything is ok. Here are my screens

I left 4,5 hours on idle,with wifi and data off and the battery went from 100 to 84 % , this is stupid isn't it?
Yes. An idle Note 3 not communicating with anything won't come anywhere near that rate of discharge.

Can you try putting it in full Airplane Mode (or do the equivalent turning off Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, etc) for a few hours? If that cures it, you can sequentially turn back on the services to see what's the culprit.

I looked at recent Whatsapp reviews in the Play store and didn't see any pattern of people complaining of battery drain, but you could try temporarily uninstalling it and other similar apps to see what might make a difference.

Upvote 0
Yes. An idle Note 3 not communicating with anything won't come anywhere near that rate of discharge.

Can you try putting it in full Airplane Mode (or do the equivalent turning off Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, etc) for a few hours? If that cures it, you can sequentially turn back on the services to see what's the culprit.

I looked at recent Whatsapp reviews in the Play store and didn't see any pattern of people complaining of battery drain, but you could try temporarily uninstalling it and other similar apps to see what might make a difference.

I already tried airplane,eats like 1% per hour.

Upvote 0
Excellent, now you can narrow it down. Since turning off WiFi and Mobile Data didn't help, maybe it's GPS or Bluetooth or NFC or whatever's left.

Its all off.also sync is off. Uninstalled a lot of app s from factory too and turned all notification s off . Only whatsapp viber and Facebook on . I am internet browsing for 50 min and the battery from 85% to 73% :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones