• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Nice stable snack stand. (right next to laptop on same stand) Right now I'm responding in portrait mode (one handed) as I eat my lunch at the mall. Phone sitting in portrait view on stand in vzw case. My only complaint in this case it provides no protection on top and bottom.

evu8yry3.jpg

Okay, now I have a better idea of what you're going for. These are multiple accessories that can be considered (if not for you, there may be others that could benefit from any of them:

Portable kickstand that can be stored in wallet (although, not sure if it could handle the Note 3 in portrait)
Portable Kick Stand Holder iPhone 5c 5S 5 4S 4 3G 3GS iPod Touch | eBay

Amazon.com: Clingo Universal Mobile Stand for iPhone 4, 3G/3GS, and All Cell Phones and Mobile Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Rabbit Mini Portable Stand for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3Gs, iPod, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, S Phone, HTC and other Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Kickstand that one could stick onto a case and also couple as a way to keep the phone from dropping:
Amazon.com: Udilis Colored Universal Ring Middle Finger Phone Holder Stand Clip Support for Phone iPhone Samsung iPad Nokia HTC Sony etc Black-US Shipping: Cell Phones & Accessories

Case that isn't quite "thin", but not as thick as others I've seen and gives the added protection and can be used in portrait:
Amazon.com: Evecase ARMURE Rugged Dual Layer Ultra Protective Case with Kick-Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III - Black (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and All Versions Compatible): Cell Phones & Accessories

Here's another that, seems it would fit the criteria you were looking for because the portrait kickstand is integrated into the case and does have a little protection on top and bottom (but not that much):
Amazon.com: Amzer Snap On Shell Case with Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
This looks interesting whenever it's released,
SEIDIO | OBEX for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
It seems like it covers the port for the S-Pen completely making it impossible to use and I'm wondering about how the screen protector works with the S-Pen.

Hi Unicorn01,

The S-pen will still be accessible without removing the OBEX case and will remain functional on the OBEX screen.

Upvote 0
The amzer looks just like the vzw snap on case. Is it basically the same? Notice on the vzw case there is essentially nothing protecting the top. The bottom looks the same.
y8u7uryp.jpg

when my S3 screen shattered... it had a case that did not protect the top and bottom like that.

when it fell...I was using a wired headset to listening to music..
fell from table to wood floor.
right before it the floor.. the wired headset pulled and created a fast spin.
it hit the wood floor in a spin.. at the on protect bottom.
shattered!

I love the way the case looked.
but that has scared me away from those types of cases. :(

Upvote 0
The amzer looks just like the vzw snap on case. Is it basically the same? Notice on the vzw case there is essentially nothing protecting the top. The bottom looks the same.
y8u7uryp.jpg

I bought this case in white. Haven't used it yet but got it for special occasions. The case I'm currently rocking *looks* like a bulky Otterbox I got off Amazon. It was cheap and serves it's purpose; has a stand so I can do what I need to do in my kitchen and watch Netflix at the same time.

Upvote 0
I bought this case in white. Haven't used it yet but got it for special occasions. The case I'm currently rocking *looks* like a bulky Otterbox I got off Amazon. It was cheap and serves it's purpose; has a stand so I can do what I need to do in my kitchen and watch Netflix at the same time.

The amzer? I still don't have an answer on whether the top of the amzer case has more protection than the vzw case I pictured?

Upvote 0
Got this one in today:

LOVE MEI smoked pull type metal bumper for GALAXY NOTE 3 - Love mei

All cut-outs are precise,volume rocker & power button both work very well,just the perfect amount of tension for ease of use w/o the sponginess for accidental pressing while pocketed/holstered/etc.....

As for feel-in-hand,all cases I've used push this to the edge,as the phone is large enough w/o a case,so,I can't be the judge as to how this would be for someone else.

The finish is flawless (GLOSS BLACK),however,I'm considering using the sand/bead blaster @ work to give it more of a matte finish/rougher texture,for a better,more secure feel-in-hand.

As for compatibility/fit,works w/the standard battery cover,as well as the QI-ENABLED OEM SAMSUNG Battery cover.However,it does not fit on extended battery covers for the HYPERION or ANKER 6400 Extended battery,due to the lack of contour/radius on the top & bottom of the extended battery cover.

As for protection,this is a bumper-only case,providing edge-only protection.There is ample protection on the front face of the bumper for screen protection when the phone is placed face-down on a surface.

I recommend this case,but,definitely look around for better pricing (e-Bay/AMAZON/MOBILE FUN.etc)......

Thanks for your post. I bought the gold color from ebay for around $11 and also 0.3mm tempered glass screen protector for $8, and I like it so far. Bumper does add some bulk onto the frame and buttons are sometimes accidentally pressed, but I like it. I'm going to get the oem qi back cover and that was part of the decision getting this bumper.

Upvote 0
I have been using the S-View case - as it was the only case available on the day i got my phone. I use the No Lock app to simplify using it; flip open the case and the phone/tablet is ready to use.

BUT - I have been looking for a better alternative ever since I got the phone.

I had been leaning towards an otterbox

BUT i just stumbled upon this hardshell S-View case. Amazon.com: [Auto Sleep/Awake] Spigen Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective S View Cover [Slim Armor View] [Smooth Black] Automatic Sleep / Awake Dual Layer Advanced Shock Absoption Protective Case w/ S View Window for Galaxy Note 3 - Smooth Black (S

Has anyone been using this? Any thoughts? It looks nearly ideal to me

Upvote 0
Andrewtst or Anyone,,
Care to give us an update on this case?? I only just found it, for $60us, on amazon.

Spigen Slim Armor View :D :D :D
  • The White Color is matte finish with soft feel, where the Black Color is more on soft rubber feel matte finish.
  • Mine is White Color. ;)
  • Build quality is extremely awesome. Solid high quality build. Loving it! One of my favor now. :)
11855402845_635b484016_c_d.jpg

11855832524_4e32b07143_c_d.jpg

11856206426_746ca7bd2e_c_d.jpg

Upvote 0
I use something vaguely similar (and a lot cheaper), the i-Blason case. I usually just slip the phone in the case in my pocket, but the holster's there when I want it.

I use a case extremely similar to this one. Very well made & does what I need it to do. Matter of fact I like this case so much I couldn't imagine paying the price for an Otterbox or the like.

Reactions: flailer
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/775408-note-3-cases-12.html#post6378617

check out post #588

for me....that case is too expensive and restrictive and bulky.
I ruled it out.. and did not get it.
hope u like it

Thanks Dan. I'm less concerned with price than usability (including size) - and it appears less bulky than the otterbox under consideration.

I use a case extremely similar to this one. Very well made & does what I need it to do. Matter of fact I like this case so much I couldn't imagine paying the price for an Otterbox or the like.

- Yeah. Besides the price, greater functionality.
- Just Wondering, that little clip that holds it closed, do you think it snags going in and out of cargo pants pockets?
- And to which case are you referring?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones