• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just bought that case last night. I really like the feeling of it, but I'm probably going to return it because of the rubber along the bottom, below the home key is loose. I can already imagine it tearing as I pull it out of my pocket.
I know what you mean. However, I've had it a month now and I always keep it in my pocket; no problems thus far. I think, with all the openings on the bottom of this phone, that's the only way they could make it. But who knows.

Upvote 0
No thanks to my OCD, i've been going back and forth trying to decide on what case to get my new sexa Black Note 3 after having a white Note 1 and 2, I was simply "whited" out lol.

I had a commuter for my Note 2 and it was a real good case but the colors for the note 3 commuter suck, i'm so sick of white and I wanted something with less bulk and weight.

Spigen has really recommended but I simply couldn't decide wether to go slim armor or NEO, so I finally just said screw it and ordered both lol! Plus, Amazon has 15% off certain spigen items shipped together so I really got 30% off and I'm trying amazon prime so I got free 2 day shipping! Happy friday indeed!!

JSlL3rV.jpg

pxHhfZ7.jpg

LQSQlFu.jpg

Upvote 0
No thanks to my OCD, i've been going back and forth trying to decide on what case to get my new sexa Black Note 3 after having a white Note 1 and 2, I was simply "whited" out lol.

I had a commuter for my Note 2 and it was a real good case but the colors for the note 3 commuter suck, i'm so sick of white and I wanted something with less bulk and weight.

Spigen has really recommended but I simply couldn't decide wether to go slim armor or NEO, so I finally just said screw it and ordered both lol! Plus, Amazon has 15% off certain spigen items shipped together so I really got 30% off and I'm trying amazon prime so I got free 2 day shipping! Happy friday indeed!!

JSlL3rV.jpg

pxHhfZ7.jpg

LQSQlFu.jpg
Let me know how you like that Spigen Screen Protector, I may consider buying one.

Upvote 0
I went back and forth the last several days between trying out the sexy Spigen Slim Armor on my Note 3 and the tried and true Otterbox Commuter for the Note 3 as the Note 2 version saved my Note 2 from many drops and hard hits in the past . What was frustrating was that I didn't want the bulk anymore of the Commuter in comparison to the very sleek layout of the Spigen Slim Armor, however the Spigen is a freaking finger print magnet with the glossy polycarb and it would easily show scratches and dings vs the Commuter. I liked that the Commuter had the flaps to keep dirt and debris outa my USB and headphone jack but the Slim Armor just didn't feel as bulky as the commuter, which was a nice change.

All in all, the pro's and cons made it really tough to decide. But in the end, protection won over style so i'll be sticking with the Commuter and using Spigens oleophobicscreen protector along with it.

UfT3zva.jpg

Upvote 0
I bought the case in the link below. I had never heard of them but found it on Ebay and thought I would try it. I like it a lot! It fits the phone really tight so it won't fly out if dropped.It has a nice lip on the front and the camera is recessed for protection. It has a matte finish on the back so that is is not really slick in the hand plus the side grips help a lot with holding the phone.The power and volume buttons are kind of stiff to press but I am getting used to it and they do seem to be loosening up some so not quite as hard to push now. I also like the corner protection it offers. It is not bulky at all and doesn't add to much weight to the phone. On the back there are 3 tiny little nobs- one above the camera and two at the bottom on either side of he phone so that when you set your phone down it won't scratch the back of the case. It looks really good too!! I have the black one. The phone is a little hard to get out of the case since it fits so tight.I have tried several cases and have finally found one that I am happy with and plan on keeping. Using this case along with the Tech 21 Impact Shield screen protector.

PureGear - DualTek Extreme Shock Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Reactions: Droidwerks
Upvote 0
Curious if anyone with an OtterBox Defender on their Note 3 is having problems with the outer rubber shell stretching out? I'm considering picking one up as I love the protection on these cases, but the Defender I had for my S3 suffered from excessive stretching (both the one I bought and a warranty replacement). I'd hate to front the $40-$50 and have the same thing happen with the Note 3.

Upvote 0
I have the Speck CandyShell Grip in black.

It's slim enough that it doesn't add much bulk to the device. What I like about the case is that it has these rubber no-slip grips on the outside of the case so that I can keep a firm grip on the phone. It doesn't slip out of my hands easily like the other cases I've had that seem to be made of slippery plastic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones