• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Oh awesome, I pre-ordered the red version but that won't ship out. Do you think the minimal lip will still allow a tempered glass screen protector to fit? I saw videos that say the surface case is a VERY tight fit so i was worried the added thickness might prevent it from going on.

I'm not a huge fan of screen protectors and never really use them so I didn't try to put one on mine with the case. .. I will tell you though yes the fit on this case is pretty snug ... I think you should be able to slide the two prices over the screen protector but I think you'll just have to be careful when you first slide the case over to not lift the screen protector edges... I think once your over the edges it shouldn't be a issue

Reactions: Kiri
Upvote 0
Just picked up Samsung's Wallet Flip Case till my Spigen comes in.

10297541404_254ac9a6c2_b.jpg

10297724673_cee9223d70_b.jpg

10297616565_c6f00e12a9_b.jpg

10297704213_1bebb7dfa2_b.jpg

10297579105_897c98182b_b.jpg

10297569905_7d1db6478b_b.jpg

Anyone know if the metal contacts in the last picture enable wireless charging? Or is that just what allows the phone to wake up and go to sleep when opening and closing the case?

That is the case I want! Can I ask where you got it? Also what do you think about it? What material is it made of? And also one thing I can't seem to find out is are you able to fold the cover completely over so that when you talk on the phone its not awkward?

Upvote 0
I got mine from Future Shop. If you don't live in Canada, its essentially a Bestbuy (Bestbuy bought future shop a while back). I managed to pick up the last one they had. I really like this case. I think it's classy looking and really suits the device. It seems to be made of the same fake plastic leather the back of the phone is made of, but a little bit higher quality. Rather than the fake stitching on the phone, the case has real stitching. The phone automatically wakes up and goes to sleep when you open and close the case. The case does add some bulk to the phone. Probably another 5mm of thickness and 5mm of width. My only concern with it would be that if you were to drop the phone, the front would probably flap open and not really protect the screen. The front does fold right over and it doesn't feel much different from holding the phone without the case.

10302261985_00862693b3_b.jpg

Upvote 0
There's a positive review of your case (and the one I ordered) on YouTube:

i-Blason Case for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III First Impressions - YouTube

Looks like it's sold on Amazon under more than one name:

Amazon.com: Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Skin Case Cover & Belt Clip Holster For Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 (AT&T / T-Mobile / Verizon / Sprint / U.S. Cellular) - Black/Black (Package Includes a Overbrawn Prying Tool & Stylux Stylus/Pen Dust Pl

Also sold on this site for $4.99:

Hard Shell Case With Holster For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Holster

The only downfall for me regarding this case is that it slides into the holster, instead of snapping in place, like the Otterbox Defender (when it becomes available).

I should also note that after ordering the i-Blason case, the seller still hasn't shipped it, despite telling me twice that it was in the mail. Getting the runaround from them, probably because they ran out of stock and don't have the cahonies to tell me.

cellphoneshop_2285_1408229716

cellphoneshop_2285_1410150000

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Seidio surface case with holster showed up in the mail this morning! Pretty impressed with it so far. Very protective for such a slim case. It is well made and feels great in the hand! The holster also feels very well made it isn't flimsy or cheap feeling by any means. Also its got a little metal kickstand on the back that you can use to prop up your phone to watch movies or slideshows or what not! Here's some pics for anyone who wants to check it out!

I had it on my note 2 and its a great case. I ordered my note 3 surface case from for like $30. Dont know how it happened but it did. Now I just need a phone to put it onto.

Upvote 0
I had a question and was wondering if someone can confirm this..

Does it matter which carrier i get the Samsung case from? For instance, If i find a Samsung flip case at a tmobile store or another store ( other then AT&T ) will it work and fit on my AT&T Note 3?

Are the phone dimensions and ports all the same from all carriers? or do i need a case specific to AT&T?

Upvote 0
Ordered and already received the Spigen Bounce off of Amazon, for $12 bucks you can't go wrong. Got lucky and got it before they went out of stock, now showing in stock on Oct 18th.

It is not an otterbox but I think it will do a decent job for an occasional drop. Overall, very pleased with the case. Enough lip to protect screen while face down, and camera is recessed enough while on back to not protrude. Not grippy enough to get hung up in pockets but perfect amount of grip in the hand and on hard surfaces. Very snug, sleek, and adds very little bulk to the phone and still shows the outline of the phone very well.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [BOUNCE] [Black] Premium Soft TPU Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Black (SGP10443): Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
Jealous!

I've searched everywhere for this with absolutely no luck. I currently have the black S-view on my Note 3 and while I like how slim it keeps the phone, I can't stand the window. To me it adds very little real functionality and is a dust and fingerprint magnet. The cover you got solves all of these problems while keeping it equally sleek. Where did you get it?

I used to think the pins were for auto sleep and wake but I am starting to see cases that don't have the pins and still have auto sleep and wake. Samsung isn't (yet) offering a wireless charging flip wallet such as you got. Unfortunately only the S-view case has been announced in a wireless charging version.

Just picked up Samsung's Wallet Flip Case till my Spigen comes in.

Anyone know if the metal contacts in the last picture enable wireless charging? Or is that just what allows the phone to wake up and go to sleep when opening and closing the case?

Upvote 0
I have the red/black spigen neo hybrid and I have.to say I'm a little disappointed. The phone becomes heavier, bulkier, and more prone to falling out of your hand. The case is gorgeous though. Another thing that drives me nuts is how lose the volume and power buttons are in the case. Maybe it is just mine. Well just a little food for thought.

Upvote 0
Stay away from that Spigen Neo Hybrid case! I bought it for my Note 3 and the fitment is HORRIBLE! They would never reply to my emails, and had to go through Amazon for the claim. I bought cheap $5 cases from eBay that fit better. I had the Otterbox Commuter for my Note 2 and it was perfect. I'll be using a cheap case until I can get another Otterbox for my Note 3.

Upvote 0
My I-Blason order came today and it's exactly like the one shown in the video review a few posts back. I have a few reservations about it which I'll go over in a later post.
Mine came today, as well as the Kaleidio i ordered when the former was delayed in shipping.

The plastic part of the I-Blason has a very thin rubbery coating that makes holding it easier than the Kaleidio, which is slick, and would be easier to use if I were going to carry it in a pocket.

Overall, it's about what I expected, perhaps a bit better. It doesn't feel as cheap as it could for the price. The kickstand holds it up in landscape at approx 45 degrees, and seems fairly sturdy.

The buttons and openings are all well-aligned.

I wanted some additional protection against drops, and against accidentally pressing the volume and sleep buttons, and these cases work fine for that.

Sliding it in to the holster is a chore, but not unworkable.

I'm still going to get an Otterbox Defender when it's available, because I like the additional bulk, the included screen protection, and being able to snap it in to the holster.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones