• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 charger

Endgame715

Dec 29, 2011
I use the standard charger that came with the phone. Two questions:

1. The cable seems to be very, ummm.. wiggly? By that I mean loose when I plug it into my phone. Does that mean my charging port on the phone is messed up? It has to sit in a specific position to charge.

2. Does a 2.4a charger really charge that much faster? Right now it takes about 2+ hours to charge. If I put it into Airplane mode it goes down a bit.

I really don't want to buy something that won't be a significant difference.

If so, what are some good brands? I only have one device, so a dual port isn't necessary.

I would stick with the actual samsung chargers as ive seen my friends had their batteries completely ruined by third party chargers. If your phone has to sit in a certain position to be charged it could either be the port or the cord itself, I would test it with another charger. If it is the phone I would call your phone carrier and see if you could get it replaced.

As for the charging time, if you take it off power saving mode it tends to charge faster. In my experience anyway.

Honestly, you can use another samsung charger to charge your phone (such as a note 2 charger, SII charger...etc) and there's really no difference. It will, however, slow down your charging time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones