1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 3 home button acting up!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sephirothkefka, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Sephirothkefka

My Note 3 home button all of a sudden is acting like the menu button! Please help me ASAP!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

not exactly sure what you mean......so any where you are at in your phone you hit the home button and the menu screen pops up? what exactly is happening?

3. Sephirothkefka

you just said what my problem was! it all started randomly

4. ocnbrze

are you using a different launcher? i use nova prime and when i hit the home i can set it to do various things.

5. Sephirothkefka

no :( basic samsung touchwiz

6. ocnbrze

hmmmm yeah weird..... i have not seen anything in touchwiz on how to switch it back. this is why i love nova launcher....it is so customizable and would have been easy to fix if the home button decided to do something you do not want it to do.

curious did you download any new apps that might have change the home button configuration? what happens if you double tap the home button or even long press on the home button?

7. Sephirothkefka

nope. when i double press it acts like a menu button and when i long press it brings up s finder. at least the back button works. should i download that launcher and if so how do i do it?

8. ocnbrze

you can just download nova from the play store:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher

but, that is up to you. i hate touchwiz, and have been using nova for years now;)

the only other thing i can think of is to either take it in to your cell phone provider and see if a tech can figure it out or try and do a factory reset.....as i do not see any way to change the home button function (at least i can't seem to find it, if there is an actual way).

9. Sephirothkefka

yeah i installed it and even with nova it still acts like the menu button :( i guess i have to do a reset after all

10. ocnbrze

weird:(

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews