• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 in hand soon...questions need answered?

Why is AT&T only mentioned for the US?
That is because AT&T is a blood sucking parasite from the belly of the beast that tries to capture as much spotlight thus blocking out the rays of sunshine from others.

Actually I do believe the article states that if your country is missing to not worry since its not a final list. Example is looking at the UK. They have numerous carriers being listed. I am sure once they get a hold of the other carriers they too will be listed in the list.

Besides, I wouldn't worry, since current carriers carrying the Note 2 wouldn't be stupid not to carry the Note 3.

:D

Upvote 0
Why is AT&T only mentioned for the US?

:eek:

Good eye. I missed that first time around.

2 reasons I'm thinking ATT is the only model listed:

1) GSM radios that will work worldwide
2) Model number (e.g N9005)

I was trying to search for the old article, but Sprint's version was supposedly N900S. Can't remember if T-mobile was N900T and verizon N900V, but I do remember that being mentioned a couple months ago regarding the model numbers.

Reactions: rawhide85
Upvote 0
People seem to think it's the Galaxy Mega, in that pic. Only way I truly consider the Note 3, is if the rumor on Sammobile is accurate that the Note 3 dimensions will be exactly the same (or smaller) as the Note 2. And for me, that would just be the starting point. The other "x" factors for me truly considering an out of pocket purchase:

- 32gb (minimum) or 64gb internal storage offered (w/ microSD slot)

All the other rumored specs are just upgrades, which are cool, but the internal storage was always an important factor for me, that didn't end up coming to fruition for the Sprint Note 2.

Agreed. The Note 2 is the very outside edge of what's acceptable as far as size. If the new one is significantly bigger in any dimension, I'll have to pass.

I'd also love 32 or 64 GB on board.

The only other significant reason I'm considering upgrading is getting a 1080p screen instead of 720p, and that's only important when/if I decide to run linux on it as a desktop replacement using my smart dock.

Upvote 0
Okay, Samsung has my attention now...

Samsung to ship Galaxy Note III from September, Galaxy Gear smartwatch from October | SamMobile

Minimum 32gb version available? Uh, yeah, that news alone is enough for me to highly consider jumping up to the Note 3. Now all I need is confirmation if the US (and more specifically, Sprint) will be getting the 64gb version. If so, I will likely get it (also assuming the rumors about the overall form factor are correct and the device is the same size and/or smaller than the current Note 2).

Upvote 0
Damn it,

The Note 2 was the one device that I felt was going to last me the full length of my contract even with the Note 3 coming around the corner. But nooooo, Samsung has to announce 32GB as the lowest version with a 64 also.

Aarrghh

Like you drex, I too wonder if the 64 version will come to the US. Hopefully it does and also to Sprint.

TS

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
Damn it,

The Note 2 was the one device that I felt was going to last me the full length of my contract even with the Note 3 coming around the corner. But nooooo, Samsung has to announce 32GB as the lowest version with a 64 also.

Aarrghh

Like you drex, I too wonder if the 64 version will come to the US. Hopefully it does and also to Sprint.

TS

Yup. I thought so too. One of the major factors for that changing was going to be how much internal storage, minimum, would be offered. The other factor, for me, was the overall physical size. 64gb w/ the same or smaller overall physical dimensions would be a no brainer for me. At that point, it would be more of a question of either buying full price, or using another line's upgrade eligibility.

Reactions: rawhide85
Upvote 0
My wife wants a Note 2 in the worst way. I've banished her to my OG EVO. Hahhaah. :D

Under no circumstances can we let her know about the Note 3.

I've actuall been interested in this one, just for the sheer enthusiasm. Its addicting. :p

The OG Evo? I see divorce court in your life. (x_x)

Upvote 0
The more I consider it, the more I think I will just keep my N2 until I can get the Note 3 at the full discount. I want the Note 3, but like others here, I can't see getting it when the specs may not warrant paying full price out of pocket. My N2 is still pretty amazing, and I think I will just exercise patience and restraint on this one.
Who knows, maybe there will be something else even more exciting before my next upgrade.:) We'll see when it comes out, and go from there.

Upvote 0
I still love tho plug my head phones and Thune into fm radio. would this feature still be there that
do no use data connection

If an FM Radio is built-in (non website-based),yes,you should be able to listen to FM Radio broadcasts in your location,just as you would w/any stand-alone FM Radio.

I'm guessing that your wired headphones/earbuds would act as the antenna,as they do on other similarly equipped smartphones.

Would like to see some innovation in this area,to where a wired headset does not need to be plugged-in to the phone for functionality.

Upvote 0
I almost upgraded to the HTC one a few months back. I held off because the Misses wanted the Note2. I'm really glad I didn't upgrade, because I don't think she'd be too happy with my LTEvo. LOL

It's going to be really interesting to see what's out next May when the new Evo drops. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll come home one day with a Note3 and she'll pass out!! :D

Upvote 0
Maybe I'll come home one day with a Note3 and she'll pass out!! :D

Either this is her when she finds out.
Fainting.gif

Or this is you when she finds out and knocks you out. lol
cpr.jpg

Either way, like Kolio said, Operators are standing by. :D :p

TS

Upvote 0
I sure hope so. I might be placing too much hope into it but it seems like the only viable option to carriers not allowing interoperability in the 700mHZ band or just in general. I thought the adoption of Lte as the standard would usher in the benefits of sim cards and make the lazy companies actually compete for customers. I underestimated the duopoly of att and vzw .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones