1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 3 occasionally plays wrong ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by labboypro, Dec 29, 2014.

1. labboypro

labboypro Newbie
    None

I have an unrooted Note 3 on VZW. I have set my ringtone to one I downloaded to the phone (In Settings | Sound , click Add, then grab out of whatever folder I put it in... it sounds like a 1940's mechanical phone bell). That is the only ringtone I use, and I have never set up customized ringtones for ANY caller in my contact list. However, 5%-10% (that's a WAG) of the time, when my SO calls me (and ONLY her), the phone plays the default 'Verizon Airwaves' musical ringtone supplied with the phone.

I do NOTHING to "fix" the issue, and the next time she calls, it will likely play the correct ringtone (the 1940's bell). Then, some number of calls later, back to the 'Verizon Airwaves' one. It has NEVER happened with another caller (though, not many people call me), but it HAS happened when my SO has called from other phone numbers (that are listed under her Contacts entry). This hints strongly that there is something associated with HER Contact info that causes this, but I have triple-confirmed there is NO custom ringtone (or anything else custom) associated with her entry in any configuration information I can see. I have overwritten my selected ringtone with another copy of the file and re-selected it as my default ringtone. As expected, that did nothing for the issue.

Thoughts? Blank stares?

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.