• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 release date?

Finally got my invite to get my new phone this evening London time:

Congratulations! You are invited to the Exclusive Launch at Samsung Experience Store, Westfield Stratford on the 24.09.2013. 6pm.

Collect your GALAXY Note 3 + Gear at the event and receive a Smart Academy classes running throughout the event, 1-2-1 tutorials with our expert team, Personalise your handset with free apps, data transfer, a wide range of accessories and much more! Look forward to seeing you there!

Get a

Upvote 0
My BestBuy experience was similar, except the mobile phone rep I spoke with said they were only getting the 16g version, to which I replied, " as I understand it, Samsung was not offering 16g, just 32 or 64". The rep said that Best Buy only gets the smallest size offered. So I politely said Thank You very much , and walked out.
I am getting mixed info from multiple sources, which leads me to believe that noone really knows, which is why I will be waiting until I know its out, then go to AT&T and check for sure.

Upvote 0
Dammit!

image.png

Frakking Verizon.

I'll probably end up getting it delivered in November.

Upvote 0
My local Best Buy in NY says they're getting all models tomorrow on the 25th. I hope its true for Verizon, I can't wait much longer with my cracked, and horribly slow Gnex.

I call B.S. They won't get it prior to the carriers actually offering. My guess is, they meant they'll get the unlocked GSM version, non LTE.

Upvote 0
My BestBuy experience was similar, except the mobile phone rep I spoke with said they were only getting the 16g version, to which I replied, " as I understand it, Samsung was not offering 16g, just 32 or 64". The rep said that Best Buy only gets the smallest size offered. So I politely said Thank You very much , and walked out.
I am getting mixed info from multiple sources, which leads me to believe that noone really knows, which is why I will be waiting until I know its out, then go to AT&T and check for sure.

LOL...Samsung didn't even make a 16gb version. They're just mis-informed.

Upvote 0
Even if Best Buy gets it in before the carrier stores do they can't sell them until the carrier lets them. This happened w/ the Verizon Note 2, some Best Buy stores got them in a week before the official Verizon release date. I found a store & went to check it out ( mainly to see how the Verizon logo looked on the home button :rolleyes: ). When I asked the BB manager if I could buy one he said not until Verizon lets them & that they only got 1 in anyway just to use for display purposes.

Upvote 0

btw...just to put your mind at ease, regarding the 16gb, the only 16gb versions are going to be limited to specific regions. Taiwan is one of them:

16GB Galaxy Note 3 headed to Taiwan this week, abysmal internal storage on flagship devices lives on | SamMobile

From all the reports/reviews/videos I've seen, every one of them has reported the US receiving at "least" the 32gb version. 64 was the one that was still in question, but all the signs point to there not being a 64 available in the US...again (just like the Note 2). But, I"m fine with the 32gb version, since it was shown to have 25gb of usable space. While I still would've purchased the 64 (likely 57 usable), with very little hesitation, I can definitely work with 25gb as compared to the 10gb I had to work with on the Note 2 (and really struggled to work with after the first 4 months).

Upvote 0
I followed up with best buy today in California and they are saying Oct 2-3.

I was thinking of stopping by tonight, since I have to head to the area by my local Best Buy anyway.

Without a doubt, it'll be 10/4 for Sprint. Sprint release dates are always on Fridays. And, according the pre-order on Bestbuy.com, it also states 10/4 (which is good because they delayed the Sprint Note 2 release in Best Buy by 2 weeks last year, so I'd technically only have my phone for 11 months, not 12, by the time I go in to trade in on Friday).

Upvote 0
Dude Chill-lax on the "frakking" VzW. Just switch carriers if you gonna get all worked up over 1 week on a phone. Take your bandwidth to a lessor engineering network of Sprint or ATT and leave the extra 4G bandwidth to us. We are all excited, and anxious. But its still a phone. Breath. Breath. and repeat a view times.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to post up some information, prior to all the phones starting to drop for all the providers, especially here in the US. One thing to keep in mind, that was noticeable with the Note 2, is that all the carriers made different tweaks to the software that had limitations.

For instance,
The Quick Toggle Notification menu. All the providers had different items available than others. Some menu items were available on providers that weren't available on others (and vice versa).

So, if you get your Note 3 and wonder where a certain menu item is, it's likely the carrier (for whatever reason) decided to remove that item.

One of the quick toggles that Sprint removed was Blocking Mode (which, I really can't comprehend why). Widgetsoid became my savior for the items that were removed that I wanted as a quick toggle menu. I just created a notification widget that matched the same color scheme as Samsung's and I've been fine with my configuration ever since.

There were a few other items that were different across all the providers, but I really can't remember all of them. Just a little friendly pre-warning, before threads get started screaming and hollering at Samsung, when it's likely the provider that might have removed a software element that Samsung initially had in the international version.

Reactions: amarie82 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Just wanted to post up some information, prior to all the phones starting to drop for all the providers, especially here in the US. One thing to keep in mind, that was noticeable with the Note 2, is that all the carriers made different tweaks to the software that had limitations.

For instance,
The Quick Toggle Notification menu. All the providers had different items available than others. Some menu items were available on providers that weren't available on others (and vice versa).

So, if you get your Note 3 and wonder where a certain menu item is, it's likely the carrier (for whatever reason) decided to remove that item.

Why do cell carriers insist on thinking they are good at making/modifying UIs? Do they think they are differentiating themselves? If there's one thing I appreciate Apple for is that they don't let carriers **** with their OS.

Upvote 0
Even before smartphones carriers began adding various "services" to enhance their revenue. Therefore by the time smartphones arrived it was common practice.

The fierce determination, unbridled narcissism and raw aggression of Steve Jobs served to strip away that practice on iPhones only. While seen as a great advantage by some, it's never hindered my experience with any phone.

Remember there's no problem that can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. Suitable workarounds have been the solution for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones