• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 restart loop problem

ahmedphil

Lurker
Oct 22, 2014
Hello all

i purchased a note 3 on May while i was in a business trip in Dubai , i bought it from a website as a refurbished so there is only 3 days warranty on it , after taking it i tested it without SIM and it was running well , after i came back to Jordan (my country) and inserted my SIM card , the problems starts its randomly restarting while the SIM inside , some times it restarts every single minute and sometimes every 2-3 hours , the current software version is 4.4.2 with the latest updates from Samsung ,Im listing below what solutions I've tried with no luck till now at all .

*factory reset
* wipe cache partition
*disabled auto Sync
*disabled WIFI always scanning
*disabled Samsung pre-installed applications
*replaced SIM card from my carrier
*did the latest updates
*used a software to fill all the device memory and deleted it again
*installed new 4.4.2 image
*tried another battery

please note that the device is working perfectly without SIM with almost no restarts . usually after doing factory reset (which i did so many times)it starts to give "unfortunately process has stopped" messages immediately after finish the reset . this message appears almost for most of applications running then the restart loop starting again .

i took the device to the local Samsung dealer and after checking it they said the the device needs replacement for the board + charging base which will cost JD275 ( arround $390 , which is too much comparing to its current price ,

I'm wondering if its possible for a device to run in that smooth without SIM to be really in need for this much of major maintenance work!!!

any suggestions ?

many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones