1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 3 restart loop problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ahmedphil, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ahmedphil

ahmedphil Lurker

Hello all

i purchased a note 3 on May while i was in a business trip in Dubai , i bought it from a website as a refurbished so there is only 3 days warranty on it , after taking it i tested it without SIM and it was running well , after i came back to Jordan (my country) and inserted my SIM card , the problems starts its randomly restarting while the SIM inside , some times it restarts every single minute and sometimes every 2-3 hours , the current software version is 4.4.2 with the latest updates from Samsung ,Im listing below what solutions I've tried with no luck till now at all .

*factory reset
    * wipe cache partition
    *disabled auto Sync
    *disabled WIFI always scanning
    *disabled Samsung pre-installed applications
    *replaced SIM card from my carrier
    *did the latest updates
    *used a software to fill all the device memory and deleted it again
    *installed new 4.4.2 image
    *tried another battery

please note that the device is working perfectly without SIM with almost no restarts . usually after doing factory reset (which i did so many times)it starts to give "unfortunately process has stopped" messages immediately after finish the reset . this message appears almost for most of applications running then the restart loop starting again .

i took the device to the local Samsung dealer and after checking it they said the the device needs replacement for the board + charging base which will cost JD275 ( arround $390 , which is too much comparing to its current price ,

I'm wondering if its possible for a device to run in that smooth without SIM to be really in need for this much of major maintenance work!!!

any suggestions ?

many thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews