1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 3 - Screen rotation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnpjackson, Dec 12, 2013.

1. johnpjackson

johnpjackson Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know if you're supposed to be able to get the Note 3's display to rotate to 'landscape' mode when it's just showing the Android lock and home screens? I have a Asus Nexus 7 and it does that with no problem. I can't seem to find a way to get my Note 3 to do the same. It will rotate fine for the web browser and videos, etc. though.

-John
    :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Landscape is not supported on those screen however if you absolutely must have it there is an app in the Play Store called Ultimate Rotation Control by FaMe IT that will definitely do the job.

3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Even though it's a paid app, I really recommend it if you really want 'ultimate' control over screen rotation. ;)

dustwun77 likes this.
  4. applechek

applechek Lurker

I recently got a rose gold white note 3 and was so excited about it. However, it has some problems with the rotation. I had tried taking out sim card, sd card and keep restart the phone. But the problem seems like cannot be solve. Help!!!

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Did you enable screen rotation?

6. applechek

applechek Lurker

Of course....

7. ad2435

ad2435 Member

For the life of me, and I know there are add-on apps, I cannot understand why stock android does not rotate the lock screen or home screens.

8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Makes no sense to me either. I've always relied on 3rd party launcher for that.

9. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

My bad. Your initial post didn't mention that. Exactly which screen(s) is not rotating?

10. applechek

applechek Lurker

Oops...sorry for that...whenever in homescreen, facebook apps or other apps...even though the rotation is already enable...somehow it doesn't work all the time...and i have to keep restart my phone which i don't really want to do...since it's a new phone..i'm quite fedup with this...

11. SFWB

SFWB Android Enthusiast

I was having this problem and read elsewhere that the Samsung Hub app was the culprit. I deleted the data for the app and my screen rotation functionality was restored.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews