1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 3 Start displays "Custom"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Veritas4420, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast

I restarted my N3 this morning and for the first time ever, the reboot screen displayed image across the the bottom that said "Customer" and displayed an unlocked padlock. My Note 3 is not rooted and the only thing ive downloaded outside of the play store is the Hangout and google services APKs. anyone have any idea on what that could be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Contact Samsung corporate immediately. The same thing happened to me last week ans they're charging me $150 to replace the phone, claiming that it was my fault. Maybe if they pull this on enough people we can get a class action suit going against them.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Is it original? Or a warranty replacement refurb?

Either way, my guess is that it's a refurb that was rooted (or tried) by the previous owner.

Take it back and demand a brand new one.

4. Veritas4420

My Note 3 was purchased brand new from ATT on Launch day. Im gonna contact samsung. Reading on the S3 forums over at XDA, this is an issue that has been reported before.

5. William T Riker

William T Riker Android Enthusiast

something was modified in the system folder

Odining back to your stock firmware (or current firmware if you updated) will set it back to Official, at least on the Verizon SM-N900V

6. Veritas4420

For some reason its not displaying the padlock anymore. My phone is stock and never been rooted, so idk how anything in the system folder could have been modified. downloading apks maybe?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews