1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 3 (Verizon) won't sleep since kk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeffruby, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Android Enthusiast

Battery life is 60% of what it used to be. See pics. Cannot figure out what is causing the wake locks / no deep sleep. uploadfromtaptalk1405625137418.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405625150990.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405625167075.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

You might just want to perform a factory reset on the device.

I mean typically when an update occurs it doesn't cause terrible issues, but it can happen, and it sounds like you need a reset :)

3. Jeffruby

I did that already. Grrrr

4. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

The answer is painful. Install one app a day until you find the offender. Might take 2 or 3 months but it works. In my experience games often do that but so can any ad supported app or things like Amazon. You might also try removing your sd card. If that is the offender copy it then reconfigure in phone

5. Jeffruby

By seeing one post - (wasn't my idea) - I found the culprit!

I went to applications - all- Google play store. Uninstalled updates of Google play store. And voila (after one prophylactic wipe of cache again) - fixed!

6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Sounds like there was an app that wasn't compatible with KK wreaking havoc on Google Play. I've had issues with apps after updates- only because the app itself hadn't been updated yet to support KK.

7. Jeffruby

I think it was Google play..... Itself...

8. Digital Controller

That is very strange, glad to see you got your issue solved though :)

9. Jeffruby

I wonder if it is what the big battery drain is with kk many suffer from. I'm back at jb battery and thrilled!

10. Digital Controller

It's weird though because that battery issue seems to be hit or miss when it comes to users.

I haven't had that issue, and I know many who would agree with me, however, I also know many that would say they have had issues since Day 1 with the battery life on KK.

11. Jeffruby

So, whenever I update any app, the play store also updated. And the awake time status constant. Have to keep deleting play store update to maintain sleep

12. Digital Controller

Have you tried sideloading the playstore? It just sounds like it's corrupted.

13. Jeffruby

So, bad news. Fell off my buddies fishing boat-phone dead. Got replacement... Keep in mind I started this thread and those pics are mine. My dead phone was factory reset after kk. Even after reset and after getting phone to sleep could only get like 2 or 2.5 hours screen time. My replacement phone running same apps is like my old jb phone. So odd!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. HairdewX

HairdewX Lurker

I have been using the paid version of Greenify + Xposed to hibernate all my apps... Turns out Gallery was using a ton of my battery and I got my battery life back once I added it to be regularly hibernated

15. Jeffruby

So frustrating - so I thought I had it kicked with Google play store-bought after a while, boom it won't sleep. I have taken Google now off, turned off GPS, and cleared cache partition. After clearing cache partition phone sleeps for a while until it's triggered not to. Wth.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews