1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

note 4 air view

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tscottemail, Oct 24, 2014.

1. tscottemail

tscottemail Lurker

I just got the Note 4. I'm coming from the Galaxy s5.*

My most used feature appears be gone from the Note 4: Air view.*

The finger hover preview of emails allowed me to quickly*weed through them.*

I realize the air view still works with the s pen. Air view is used as a quick preview. Using the s pen is not really convenient or part of a quick process.

Does my phone have a bad sensor?

Is the finger air view gone?

Will it be back via an update?

Why is samsung removing features from their flagship phone?

I'm wishing I*had*my s5 back.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ased

ased Lurker

I miss it too. I had a note 3 and liked finger airview. Who wants to pull out the pen every time?
    I also don't like the way folders handled now, they looked nicer on the note 3 and the icon spacing wasn't so wide.
    The colour scheme for the shortcut bar and some of the Samsung apps also leaves something to be desired.
    Overall, the note 4 has some great features and is an improvement but I really can't work out why some of the neat and heavily touted 'flagship' features of the previous note 3 have been removed. It doesn't make any sense.

3. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Android Enthusiast

I am having a problem where air view doesn't pop up everytime. How do you force air view to pop up?

Thanks

4. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Member

I had the same problem I just pressed the pin side button 2 to 3 times then air view comes up

5. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Android Enthusiast

I figured it out. The key is to not get to close to the screen and press the pen button twice.

6. The setting for it to work with you finger are in the phone I think its a software issue and might be updated to work hopefully its one of my favorite features from my note 3 and I miss it.

7. MrVang

MrVang Newbie

If you like the old way by showing preview with your fingers hovering above the icon or messay then this note 4 isn't for you. They don't call it the note for a reason. On the note 2 note 3 and note 4, all is done through using the S pen. I use the S pen more on my note 4 then touching the screen with my finger as I only use my finger to move file folder and icon around the screen. Everything else is done through my S pen stylus.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews