• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help note 4 air view

tscottemail

Lurker
Oct 24, 2014
I just got the Note 4. I'm coming from the Galaxy s5.*

My most used feature appears be gone from the Note 4: Air view.*

The finger hover preview of emails allowed me to quickly*weed through them.*

I realize the air view still works with the s pen. Air view is used as a quick preview. Using the s pen is not really convenient or part of a quick process.

Does my phone have a bad sensor?

Is the finger air view gone?

Will it be back via an update?

Why is samsung removing features from their flagship phone?

I'm wishing I*had*my s5 back.

I miss it too. I had a note 3 and liked finger airview. Who wants to pull out the pen every time?
I also don't like the way folders handled now, they looked nicer on the note 3 and the icon spacing wasn't so wide.
The colour scheme for the shortcut bar and some of the Samsung apps also leaves something to be desired.
Overall, the note 4 has some great features and is an improvement but I really can't work out why some of the neat and heavily touted 'flagship' features of the previous note 3 have been removed. It doesn't make any sense.

Upvote 0
I just got the Note 4. I'm coming from the Galaxy s5.*

My most used feature appears be gone from the Note 4: Air view.*

The finger hover preview of emails allowed me to quickly*weed through them.*

I realize the air view still works with the s pen. Air view is used as a quick preview. Using the s pen is not really convenient or part of a quick process.

Does my phone have a bad sensor?

Is the finger air view gone?

Will it be back via an update?

Why is samsung removing features from their flagship phone?

I'm wishing I*had*my s5 back.
If you like the old way by showing preview with your fingers hovering above the icon or messay then this note 4 isn't for you. They don't call it the note for a reason. On the note 2 note 3 and note 4, all is done through using the S pen. I use the S pen more on my note 4 then touching the screen with my finger as I only use my finger to move file folder and icon around the screen. Everything else is done through my S pen stylus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones