1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support (Note 4) Any Location Function Doesn't Work...Because of Google Play Services

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by 222_Maestro, Jul 23, 2016.

1. 222_Maestro

222_Maestro Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2016
    Male
    Hello. I've been an android user for five years and currently using an unrooted Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Marshmallow v.6.0.1. I've rarely encountered any problems relating to the "Google Play Services" application. It is not ideal to encounter any complications since many features rely on this app, but I have run into one concerining the my location.

When I attempt to use "Google Maps" or even turn on my location, my phone is never found. I've attempted use third-party apps that need my location, but they find nothing of it. I then proceeded back to "Google Maps" thinking that was the problem. I remained to suffer from the app "Waiting to Receive My Location" for whatever duration I leave the app open, and a barrage of "Google Play Services has Stopped" messsages. I then used three apps that are said (by the users) to fix this issue and ones alike. The apps did not fix this problem. However, I discovered that these apps have pinpointed my location just fine.

After searching on the internet for solutions I've thus tried the main solutions for this issue, but they have all failed. So far I have left GPS apps running in the background, deleting the cache & app data for both Google Play Services and Google Play, uninstalling and reinstalling Google Play Services multiple times, standing outside for Google Maps to try and pick up my location, changing my GPS mode to "High Accuracy", downloading "Google Play Services" from a third party source, (I actually gotta "Google Play Services" needs "Google Play Services" message) and I've tried restarting my phone after one or two of the reinstallations.

I've already left a review on the "Google Play Store" but I felt that I couldn't capture this dilemma in it's entirety on there. Now that I am asking for a solution by keeping it real on this forum, are there any solutions to solve this peculiar problem?

Much Love
    ~222_Maestro

Advertisement

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Business
    Cochin
    Hi,
    Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.
    Go to settings>storage>apps>all menu
    Tap on " reset app preferences" >done.
    Settings>storage>apps>download manager clear data.
    Uninstall updates in google play store.
    Reinstall updates in google play store.
    Uninstall updates in google play
    services.
    Reinstall updates in google play services.
    Reboot /restart device.