• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOTE 4 APP Suggestions

Gvrider, I installed that taskmanager but I can't find it to uninstall. Where is it? Also how do you use it? Sorry, first Note 4. Never had Samsung devices before.

The task manager is accessed from the task switcher screen (touching just to the left of the Home button). Once in the task switcher screen you will see an "Active apps" option at the bottom left that was not there before installing the task manager apk. Touching that will take you into the task manager. This gives you the ability to kill any running apps not visible in the basic task switcher screen. This is useful, because there are apps that start after a reboot, or are started by others apps, which are consuming memory and wasting battery. This is the same as the "Force stop" option for an app found in Settings/Applications/Application manager, but is much faster to access and more clearly identifies any apps you did not know are running.

Upvote 0
It may not have installed it right or its already included on my phone. Are you talking about what looks like a pie graph to the left of the three lines and X to the right? If so, I already had that installed on my phone when I first bought it. I have the Exynos phone not the snapdragon. I hardly ever see any active applications running. I just wish there was a way to stop apps and keep them stopped because I get tired of see apps restart themselves even though I never open them. Some apps remain stopped and some apps stop and then start up again on their own. If I wanted to remove this task app, how would I go about removing it? It's not showing in all apps or downloaded or even running. I'm guessing I already had it or maybe it just didn't install. I'll submit a screenshot. I'm typing on my nexus 7 so I'll send one from my Note 4

Upvote 0
Here you go. I think I like your dark theme better over this white one. :)

Attachments

• 1423184196428.jpg
    1423184196428.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1423184207411.jpg
    1423184207411.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones