1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 4 apps pop out of their folders when powered down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sdkegerreis, Nov 10, 2014.

1. sdkegerreis

sdkegerreis Lurker

I have all of my apps inside folders under the Apps button. Whenever I power my phone down and restart it, the majority of my apps have popped out of their one page worth of folders and are scattered throughout three or four pages forcing me to reload them all back into their folders.
    How do I keep this from happening again?

This my first Android and I *love* it. Very easy to use!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

For starters....I'm sorry to hear your first android experience is TouchWiz lol

Are you using the Google Now Launcher? With that launcher, apps saved to the SD card won't stay in the folders after a reboot. That shouldn't be an issue if you're using TouchWiz tho. I never use it so you may want to check and see if the ones leaving the folders are apps saved to your SD

KOLIO likes this.
  3. TexasRelic

TexasRelic Newbie

I am having the same issue on the Note 4. I've created some folders in the APP drawer and moved some of the icons to the folders. When you reboot the phone all you have is an empty folder. Anyone else have this issue?

4. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

Yep, have the same bug. The S4 had a similar bug in one of the major OS updates, I think it was when it got updated to 4.3, or within one of the 4.3 revisions that came afterwards, it was eventually fixed though.

Very annoying, I believe its a TW bug that pops up every now and then in FW updates.

5. retroburn

retroburn Lurker

Happens to me too. brand spanking new... gotta be touchwiz

6. G2Smooth

G2Smooth Newbie

I agree with Tsepz_GP...must be a bug because I have the same problem.

7. Not that it helps with the problem you're having. But have a look at Aviate Launcher. One screen is set up for App trays. Works very much like folders, and will organize them for you too. But Customization is easy too. You can move icons in and out of teh trays as you want, and set them up in any format you want too. Always shows the first 5 icons, and can be opened to show the other.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews