• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOTE 4 CAMERA Thread

jhorne10

Lurker
Oct 22, 2014
Besides the camera man being the cause, it appears that the pictures are coming out pixelated. This happens when I send it to friends who use Mac Books, Apples, Facebook, Instagram. However, on the Note 4 screen my picture is amazing. Maybe, sometimes a little too saturated but the clarity is evident. I can see that transferring can be the cause but anyone else have some tips on how to take an excellent photo and share it? Let me know... thanks!

Also, if I pinch and zoom the Note 4 pics on the phone they blur and get pixelated whereas, when you do the same with the iPhone 6+ it stays clear all the way to maximum zoom. What is happening here?

Not being a wise a@@, but did you remove the plastic that is covering the lens? I only received my Note yesterday and I took a few pictures which were not coming in focus, then I realized that there was a very thin piece of plastic over the piece.

lol - made me look.
I've made that mistake on other phones, but not this one.

Also in the not-being-a-wise-ass category - you've verified that you're on the highest resolution the camera can take?

Upvote 0
lol - made me look.
I've made that mistake on other phones, but not this one.

Also in the not-being-a-wise-ass category - you've verified that you're on the highest resolution the camera can take?

you never know, didn't want anyone to take my comment the wrong way. i'm going to spend some time outside today with the device taking pictures, but so far, i'm not concerned about the quality.

Upvote 0
Not being a wise a@@, but did you remove the plastic that is covering the lens? I only received my Note yesterday and I took a few pictures which were not coming in focus, then I realized that there was a very thin piece of plastic over the piece.

I'll bet a TON of people leave that on only because they have no idea it's there....Samsung should extend a little pull tab on that tiny plastic lens cover so more are aware and peel it off.....

Upvote 0

Funny you mentioned that, because I had mine on for the day or so. I was wondering why my pictures were looking funny. I looked at the camera and it looked like the lens was coming off. It wasn't the lens, it was the plastic covering. lol

Upvote 0
I have had several issues where the picture looks great on the phone and then send it via text message and it is blurry to the receiver, especially screen shots. When I look at my sent messages, it is blurry on my side as well, but not in my gallery. I'm assuming the compression software isn't working so well??

Reactions: jhorne10
Upvote 0
I have had several issues where the picture looks great on the phone and then send it via text message and it is blurry to the receiver, especially screen shots. When I look at my sent messages, it is blurry on my side as well, but not in my gallery. I'm assuming the compression software isn't working so well??

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It looks great on my end or my wife's end because she has a Note 4 but everyone else (Apple fans usually) gets a blur or pixelated version. Comprehension software.....?

Upvote 0
So I've only had my note 4 for like 2 or 3 weeks and when I zoom in my pics are pixeled and blurred and the the plastic covering is of the lense and they're still blurry and real pixeled when I zoom in and even when I get it to focus at a distance and sometimes up close and still same blurred and pixeled can someone help me or am I gonna have to take it back to the att store

Upvote 0
You must be doing something wrong. ....I just snapped this pic and zoomed in still sharp. ...

ad53c4f089ca5e018402d59700cb156f.jpg

Zoomed in....

e998025e82ab8293236eba7d2534453f.jpg

Upvote 0
Action pics on this phone are just not good (even with the downloaded sports setting). I am an Android fan and love this phone so far, but Apple has the action setting figured out and Samsung just doesn't.

I have to disagree. I have been taking advantage of the action shots capabilities quite often recently. It take excellent motion shots in burst mode, even without being in sport shot mode.

Upvote 0
Have you compared it to an iphone? I'm a photographer and in my opinion, the phones simply aren't comparable for action shots.
Yes, I'm a photographer as well. But if I were a Chef I wouldn't spend a lot of time comparing how well butter knives cut steaks. These are camera phones, not DSLRs.

I acknowledge that the Note 4 camera isn't as simple to use as the iPhone camera.

But if you take the time to figure out how it works, it is capable of so much more than the iPhone.

I have yet to see a side by side that the iPhone looked better.

That doesn't mean I don't think the iPhone camera is bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones