1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 4, can't send receive images

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lsiemon, Sep 26, 2019.

1. lsiemon

lsiemon Lurker

I just upgraded from a note 2 to a note 4 and moved my sim card over. I worked with carrier to set perimeters, but nothing I do will allow me to send or receive images. If someone sends me an image, the text app shows "multimedia message" with a download button. It never downloads. If i try with Facebook's messenger, a popup says blocked by carrier, but carrier denies it.
    As an aside, this phone was originally on Verizon, and many of Verizon's apps can't be deleated, including the first screen when booted.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

I would go back to your carrier and see what they say. This sounds like it's more then just a software or hardware issue.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. lsiemon

lsiemon Lurker

Sorry, but this is going to be a long post:
    I have a note 3, sends and receives images, BUT - when receiving an image it creates a group text instead of posting it on the senders original text.
    My wife has a note 4 on the same carrier (Lycamobile on T-mobile network), she cannot send or receive images on text messaging, but can use skype, or whatsapp to send and receive. I believe that eliminates a carrier problem and points to an android problem.
    My neighbor also has a note 4 on T-mobile and same problem. His wife (also on T-mobile) has the newest ONEPLUS A6013 Also on T-mobile and cannot send or receive images. I have spent several months trying to solve this, including confronting Lycamobile and T-mobile and the both blame the operating systems or settings. Any suggestions?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what happens when you try to send photos via text? what happens when you receive pictures?

skype and whatsapp use their own network via your mobile network(internet). it is differnet when using text messaging. this is done specifically thru your carrier. what size are the photos? not sure on the note 4, but is your settings for text messages set to mms or sms? i used to have a note 4 and never had any issues sending pictures via text.....but that was a while ago.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

I had the Note 4 and i had no problems, i'm on AT&T if that helps.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  6. lsiemon

lsiemon Lurker

images are usually from camera, and sending resizes before sending. This has no bearing on image size, any size is rejected. Here is an image of what happens. Top one is note 4 attempting to send, circle lower right spins all day but never sends. Bottom of image is an image I sent to the note 4, it never downloads. Any help? 20200511_194202[1].jpg

Attached Files:

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Probably the most common cause of that is incorrect or missing APN settings. And probably more so if using a carrier version phone that isn't operating on that carrier's network.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  8. lsiemon

lsiemon Lurker

nope, not APN, checked against my working phone. Anyone else?

Send Anywhere (File Transfer)

Send Anywhere (File Transfer) Forum

com.estmob.android.sendanywhere

Send Anywhere: Easy, quick, and unlimited file sharing
▶ Features • Transfer any file type without altering the original • All you need is a one-time 6-digit key for an easy file transfer • Wi-Fi Direct: transfer without using data or the Internet • Share files to multi-people at once via a link • Transfer files to a specific device • Reinforced file encryption (256-bit) ▶ Send Anywhere PLUS • Upload maximum 50GB files at once • Create 1TB My link • Set expiration date as you want • Limit download count and more.. ▶ When to use Send Anywhere! • When moving photos, videos, and music to your PC! • When you need to send large files but you do not have mobile data or you have difficulty connecting to the internet • Anytime you want to send files in an instant! * While using the application if an issue or error arises, please let us know by clicking “Send Feedback” under More menu - APK File • The copyright of applications sent through Send Anywhere belong to the application’s developer. If sharing an APK file conflicts with current copyright laws then all responsibility falls upon the user. • Typically, you will not be able to share APK files between OS and Android. First check with application’s developer before cross-platform transfers. Video Files • Depending on the video type received, the video may not be pushed into the phone’s gallery. In this case, using a file management application will play the video. • If you can’t play the videos received, download a different video player that is compatible with the video format. - To best use Send Anywhere’s convenient file sharing service, we ask user’s permissions listed below • Write Internal Storage(Required) : To store files that are in internal storage through 'Send Anywhere' • Read Internal Storage(Required) : To send files stored in internal storage through Send Anywhere. • Access to location: To share files by using Wi-Fi Direct that through Google Nearby API.( Bluetooth may be turned on to find and identify near devices, so it may request Bluetooth permissions.) • Write External Storage : To store files that are received through Send Anywhere in external storage (SD Card). • Read External Storage : To send files stored in external storage through Send Anywhere. • Read Contacts : To send contacts stored in your phone. • Camera : For being able to receive files via a QR Code.

READ MORE
March 23, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs