1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note 4 getting very hot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gregg1100, Jun 26, 2017.

1. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

For a while, my Note 4 ( UK O2) has been getting hot for no apparent reason, at various times.
    Also, it tends to hang more and more. I recently did a factory reset after the May security update. The guru at O2 thinks that the processor is on the way out. It gets hot even when original battery is out and a spare one is fitted. If it is going faulty, I will use it for upgrade, but obviously don't want to part with it unless necessary. Not much else comes close.
    Any ideas please ??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

my battery was failing and would not take a full charge.
    this caused the Regulator to dump a lot of heat which made the phone a lot hotter than normal.

I bought some batteries off the web and they were junk even though they had a "very similar" label professing they were Samsung..... but, when I got out a magnifying glass it said "for" Samsung Note 4.... :(

I went down to the local Interstate Batteries dealer and bought one from them at $38.95 plus tax....

it charged to 100% in less than two hours, and the regulator/phone never got hot again.

YMMV but that is my .02 cents

today and mikedt like this.
  3. This is also my problem, I just bought it online few months ago. I really have to monitor its temperature and it takes too long for it to be fully charged. I only have a few apps but just like @gregg1100 it also hangs a lot. I have tried to reboot it and install a Superb Cleaner afterward, but none of it works.

4. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, try a new battery. Phil

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

yes, just get a new OEM battery,

the stuff sold on the web is likely to be a clone that takes all day to charge, if at all....

I bought 2 "Samsung" batteries off eBay, and they were junk...

first time they charged up to about 85%
    2nd time to about 75%
    3rd time to about 60%
    and they just kept getting worse with every charge, and slower, and slower and slower.....

this is one place, where you really get what you pay for.....
    spend the extra bucks, find a reliable battery supplier.

Interstate Batteries is everywhere, theirs worked for me.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews