• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 4 Problems....Just got it =/

Evo 5oh

Android Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2010
So I turned it on. I'm trying connect to wifi...but it does not detect anything...It detected somebody that even my computer can't detect and then it goes away...I scan but nothing appears...

Another thing is this pop up that keeps popping up Basically saying to let google regularly check this device for potential harm....I press decline and it pops back up and i did it over and over....its annoying...

I have sprint....as of right now I have no solutions

edit: after hours the phone decided to work...maybe it was jet lag...and it was sleeping....works fine now

1. How many wifi devices are allowed on your wifi router? Maybe reset your router or try work wifi/friends or family wifi to check for sure.
2. You could go into running apps or go into app manager and look for the google app you mention and force stop it. This is not just a Samsung issue it's the usual crap when you get a new phone and maybe miss privacy rights etc when setting it up.

Upvote 0
I contacted samsung did many test and stuff...didnt work so they told me to contact sprint...sprint check and the device is not working properly for them here is what they said

I've reviewed your device specifications and determined that the issue you're experiencing occurred cause of interruption in your device configuration. It's not responding on server properly.
Your device is still covered under 14 days Sprint satisfaction guarantee period and thus, being your personal adviser on this chat, I'd suggest you to get this device exchanged/replaced.

Upvote 0
I want to let you guys know my phone started to work for no reason it now detects routers....Im guessing the phone after so many hours It needed to wake up.... everything is fine....

After you get it activated, the girl who took care of mine said it would take a couple of hours before everything is WORKING PROPERLY. She made sure she noted that before the call was over. Not sure if you had that type of situation but that was relayed to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones