• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wow, so T-Mobile beat out AT&T in shipping? I think AT&T has always tried to get it out a few days before the other carriers and in this case it seems they are targeting an Oct 14 ship date but it looks like they will not be the first to ship this time around.

Even if it's a few days - I'm desperate. My GS4 is in serious need of replacement.

Upvote 0
Scheduled Delivery:Monday,*10/13/2014,*by*4:30 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)Last Location:Arrived - Jacksonville, FL, United States, Saturday,*10/11/2014What time will your package be delivered to your home? Get*FREE*approximate Delivery Windows on most UPS packages.

My jealousy level is off the charts.

However I can't be mad. Looking forward to hearing some more first impressions!

Upvote 0
Pre ordered mine yesterday..it says it's being processed and the girl on the phone says my expected arrival date is the 21st..supposed to be Shipped out next Friday..via UPS.

I also pre ordered mine on 10/10 at about mid day. Had I known they would have shipped early I would have done it days in advance instead of planning to get it at a store. I called yesterday and was told it would ship on the 15th or so, I called today and a rep told me they were shipping early and the back-order was cancelled. I feel like almost everyone who pre ordered got theirs shipped today. I'm hoping we will have ours shipped as well, or one day later at the latest. Keep posted if you learn of any new status! Mine still says processing and my credit car only has the $0 temp hold.

Upvote 0
Just got a text from T-mobile with my tracking info. Says delivery will be the 13th!

Yeah, well here is a jealous retort!

You are on Tmo, so you probably will not get a signal anyway :p

Oh, wait- you are apparently in NYC where Tmo has good coverage. Darn! ;) :)

....... I need to troll for a Kentucky Tmo-er getting theirs early too... ;)

Upvote 0
Yea it's normal. Until Sprint gets them in, it won't show. I would check tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm with Sprint as well a n d did my preorder at the store sine I took advantage of the trade in towards t g email note 4.

At least you get the "back ordered" message. Mine says it has no record. But I have my receipt and be at Sprint 10 minutes before they open.:D

Upvote 0
I also pre ordered mine on 10/10 at about mid day. Had I known they would have shipped early I would have done it days in advance instead of planning to get it at a store. I called yesterday and was told it would ship on the 15th or so, I called today and a rep told me they were shipping early and the back-order was cancelled. I feel like almost everyone who pre ordered got theirs shipped today. I'm hoping we will have ours shipped as well, or one day later at the latest. Keep posted if you learn of any new status! Mine still says processing and my credit car only has the $0 temp hold.

Talked to a rep today..He said it's likely shipping tomorrow and most of the time gets here by a Friday..I'm thinking Thursday if it ships tomorrow. Ground Shipping shouldn't take 3 days..that's just a precaution gimmick.

Upvote 0
I got it at about 2:30pm, set it up quickly as my lunch hour was up. It was at about 55% battery when I left at 3pm, used it for about 8 calls, few texts, then since home at 6:40, been on in non stop, setting up, etc. So, at about 10:10, battery was at 5%, after 7h 22m of moderate to heavy use with almost all kinds of settings on. Plugged in now, already up to 8% while using it. IT'S QUICK! Haven't noticed any lag. Not sure what else you'd like to know, but reply and I'll try to answer.

Upvote 0
I got it at about 2:30pm, set it up quickly as my lunch hour was up. It was at about 55% battery when I left at 3pm, used it for about 8 calls, few texts, then since home at 6:40, been on in non stop, setting up, etc. So, at about 10:10, battery was at 5%, after 7h 22m of moderate to heavy use with almost all kinds of settings on. Plugged in now, already up to 8% while using it. IT'S QUICK! Haven't noticed any lag. Not sure what else you'd like to know, but reply and I'll try to answer.

Tell me about the feel, design and if gapgate seems to be a problem for you.

And this is an off question, but I've got to ask...

On the N4 as opposed to my N3, the button left of the home button is for recent apps used, not a menu button like on the N3. To use that left button as a menu button, you need to hold it now instead of a simple tap. I foresee needing the menu button more than the recent app feature, so is there a way to reverse this option back?

Again, sorry for the oddball question.
Thanks

Upvote 0
The feel is great. The back has a more polished look without the stitching.
I have just switched from the Note 3 as well. Design, not exactly sure what you are asking (the physical design or the software setup) is really nice, in my opinion.
As for gap gate, I don't see a gap justbylooking. I really didn't bother testing out what could or couldn't fit. It looks fine, but I'd rather not put things in and create any further expansion. It does say it in the manual I download that it's there on purpose, and it looks just like my Note 3 does which apparently Samsung said the Note 3 had the same gap.
As for the recent apps button, not an oddball question at all cuz I was thinking the same at first. But, the menu button, is actually now on the top right of pages or apps that can use it. It's 3 vertical dots. For example, on a Web page where you'd see the number of open windows to the right of the address bar, now it has the number and to the right, the 3 vertical dots that serve the same function as the menu button. And, you can still long press the recent apps button if that's your preference.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones