• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The mic for the phone is on the top of the phone if your speaking into the bottom of the note 4 it will be very choppy but execlent quality if spoken to from the top ,leaned this the hard way ,espessially since every phone I ever had used a bottom mic.
Even the ediot at the corporate store thought it was broke , it does list this in the manual under speaker phone

Reactions: sillyrabbitt123
Upvote 0
The mic for the phone is on the top of the phone if your speaking into the bottom of the note 4 it will be very choppy but execlent quality if spoken to from the top ,leaned this the hard way ,espessially since every phone I ever had used a bottom mic.
Even the ediot at the corporate store thought it was broke , it does list this in the manual under speaker phone

Haha. Thanks. I have been looking and couldn't find the mic. I agree always at the bottom and that's what's i was speaking into.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
i see the phone has THREE microphones so you should be able to speak from bottom or top? i think there is a mic problem on this phone again i have 2 of them same problem. people complain about voice dropping out on speaker. i will try a test speaking from the top of the phone and see... stay tuned...

Attachments

• Capture - Copy.jpg
    Capture - Copy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 997
Upvote 0
Quote from the manual.

During a voice call
The following actions are available:
• : Increase the volume.
• Add call: Dial a second call.
• Keypad: Open the keypad.
• End call: End the current call.
• Speaker: Activate or deactivate the speakerphone. When using the speakerphone, speak
into the microphone at the top of the device and keep the device away from your ears.
• Mute: Turn off the microphone so that the other party cannot hear you.
• Bluetooth: Switch to a Bluetooth headset if it is connected to the device.

Upvote 0
yeah it is odd. but every caller i speak to was like huh what huh? or when i tried to speak i was speaking over their speaking because they couldnt hear me.

i am still not sure its perfect from the top but it is better.

also how stupid is it to have at TOP when you cannot rotate the screen to browse when trying to speak to the top mic [if you move it to the bottom when spin the phone].

seems weird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones