1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NOTE 4 UPDATE Information/Links/etc.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KOLIO, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

I've had my Note 4 for about a week now, and I got a AT&T update this morning. Kernal version 3.10.0-3164227. Any questions on what was included in this update?

Thanks in advance!

~MM

2. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

It most likely had an update for the Gear VR to work. Other things may have also been included. If you look up in this thread, you'll see the details of the Verizon update from this week. Some or all of those same elements may have been applied to your phone as well.

3. Palmetto Fellow

I can't find the transparent amazon widget that came with the update.

4. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Android Enthusiast

Is it 5.0 time already? I woke up this morning with a OTA update notification. Part of me does not want to deal with it. Not sure if it is 5.0 or 5.0.1 or something else. I think I will wait a bit before applying.

I wish I could get Root on this Verizon N4. Then I could block this stuff and load it later when it is "known good"...

5. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

What carrier are you on? It is probably an update to 4.4.4
    Verizon and Sprint just recently got theirs. Sprint last week.
    Good Luck!
    Ron

6. Jerry-rigged

I am with Verizon. My phone is already 4.4.4, so that is not it. My N4 is 10 days old. I wish the OTA packet said what it is updating. The "Learn more on-line" link seems to be dead.

Edit -What the heck. I am still within the return period. I screen-shot the "About phone" page, and am kicking off the OTA. I'll post the change when done.

#31 Jerry-rigged, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  7. Palmetto Fellow

8. Jerry-rigged

ok, done. still 4.4.4. Under SE for android, it now lists 4.4.4_A024 instead of _A019. New Kernel version, new build. Under Security, the MDF is now v.1. release 5... Not sure if knox changed, my before screen shot for that one did not get saved.

Edit - Palmetto - yup. that is it.

Edit edit - This was my first OTA since my gs3 was broke via OTA back in July. After a week of honeymoon bliss with my N4, I can't believe how stressed I was, and still am, since seeing the OTA notification this morning. Man, I wish Verizon would sell the Nexus6 on Edge/Contract.

#33 Jerry-rigged, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  9. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Did my Verizon update this am. Don't know if it's my imagination or wishful thinking but (already good) battery life is better and WiFi connectability is better.

10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Merged your thread into the existing thread discussing OTA updates/links etc ;)

11. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

A small reminder ......if you have fb pictures/download pics or Pinterest pins you must save them to another folder in your gallery.

12. shawshank14

shawshank14 Lurker

Anyone know when the lollipop update will come out for the note 4?

13. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Android Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Sorry is there is a thread about this already... I got an update last week, did anyone else? My phone now says 4.4.4 ... is that the latest? I read somewhere that some phones have 5.0 or even 5.1/5.0.1, when are we getting that?

After this update I am having difficulties connecting to bluetooth. My car is no longer automatically connecting to my phone. It says pairing failed and I am not sure why since my phone is selected as a top preference, which means it should automatically connect. In fact this was an issue since I got the phone-it never automatically connected, but at least if I pressed on my car's name on my phone it would connect, but now I have to be in full stop, scan, find, enter password and connect... which is ridiculous and inconvenient.

Another new issue I am having is the touchwiz home has stopped message.

Is anyone else getting these issues after the update?

Thanks for any guidance in advance

14. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

5.0 isn't on the Note 4 yet in America. Try restarting your phone and try Bluetooth again. If not unremember device and put it in again

15. volimte21

volimte21 Developer (theme)

The Note 4, international or branded came out with Kit kat 4.4.4 + 5.0 is not out for the US or any European country ,I would know!

am waiting for the first European or other

16. MrVang

MrVang Newbie

Have you check to see what's running in the background? I've notice a lot of built in apps are constantly running in background on my note 4 so I just use that built-in app call "Active apps." and stop them from running. You can put that active apps out onto your home screen as a widget so you'll see what's running and just one tap and stop all of them from running. Then I turn some of the features off to conserve battery life such as location, motion gestures off. they're just drainging battery and not very in-efficient. I turn off all the sound haptic vibration as they can be annoying at times and wasteful use of battery. Try turning off your bluetooth when not in use as they do drain batter a lot and so is the location accuracy. I only turn the location accuracy on when needed then I turn it off when not needed, that help conserve battery life. And one last thing to do on your note 4 when not in use. just turn on your power saving mode features. they're life saver if you want longer batter life per charge.

javamann likes this.
  17. Ridethesplit

Ridethesplit Member

I have just upgraded to a note 4 from a note 3.
    note 3 paired with my Bmw 5 series perfectly.
    note 4 will not even recognise the car let alone pair !
    l had this issue when I first got my note 3 and it was sorted after a software upgrade.
    Hopefully Samsung will sort this with the next upgrade.
    l an less than happy though as I use this feature regularly (well not at the moment)

18. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Android Enthusiast

that's rather frustrating... somehow my phone is now connecting to my car, but only some days... whenever it feels like it =/

19. Minimike

Minimike Well-Known Member

Sprint us installing Lollipop on my Note 4 as I type.

20. skymax04

skymax04 Lurker

i just switched from S5 to note 4....i installed Lilipop on my S5 and it slowed down my phone dramatically....im going to be a little hesitant to download it on my note 4...anyone have this issue? thanx

21. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I merged this into a thread on the same topic.:)

volimte21 likes this.
  22. Bluntmagic95

Bluntmagic95 Well-Known Member

I know this is probably posted somewhere already but I just can't seem to find it. But I have the note 4 sm-n910t from tmobile and was wondering if anyone knows when the note 4 with get the Ota lollipop update

23. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Here's where you'll find the latest on T-MO updates:

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates#tmoSUPDocTitle

Anything else consider it part of the rumor mill,less a direct quote from a T-Mobile rep...............

24. Kaat72

Kaat72 Guest

Got my ota update to 5.0.1 last night. Dutch Vodafone.

KOLIO likes this.
  25. LilacBleeds

LilacBleeds Android Enthusiast

I hope Vodafone will have the update soon

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews